Rockefeller heir George O’Neill is Russia agent Maria Butina's ‘U.S. Person 2 & Rohrabacher's in this, too: Reports

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2018/07/26/rockefeller-rohrabacher-butina.html

6 Likes

Target the authoritarian president and the oligarchs that support him.

Seems like a logical strategy.

7 Likes

The U.S. charges against Butina discuss “friendship dinners” she organized to bring together Russians with politically active Americans who’d be receptive to their money and ideology.

That’s unfair. Attendees also rave about the lectures on gardening and the lessons in how to play a nice game of solitaire.

5 Likes

It was probably all about exchanging vodka distilling techniques and recipes. /s

2 Likes

If anyone’s curious, O’Neill has sort of always been the black sheep of the Rockefeller family, known to be a complete shitbag to women (with a horrible and quite well-documented divorce in his past) and an utter hypocrite. Preaches family values, cheated on his wife constantly, you all know the song and dance by now.

11 Likes

It’s like watching an episode of VEEP every day for four years! They are definitely throwing in some amazing plot twists, just wish it was a little funnier, but maybe tomorrow huh! :sneezing_face:

8 Likes

11 Likes

That’s not a horse, @xeni.

(ETA: OK. Now it is.)

7 Likes

You know, it’s becoming increasingly clear that a large segment of the conservative movement has been compromised by our adversaries for a long, long time. Ever since the Bush years, I’ve found myself wondering, if Republicans are so goddam patriotic, why are they continually finding ways to make America weaker - particularly our military and our economy?

If and when the whole story comes out, maybe it will be far more complex and dirty than any of us suspects.

23 Likes

um, serious question, has anyone checked trump’s (insecure, technically illegal) phone for this very case with half-naked putin?

omg imagine what they’ll find on trump’s phone once they are allowed to seize it after his presidency

I still don’t quite get how Butina worked so openly for years without being stopped until now when she is being used as a useful scapegoat and probably will be sentenced far far more harshly as a result

Why so many pictures of Butina in this article? They don’t add to the story.

1 Like

Hurt’em where they hurt the USA, VOTE the TGOP scumbags out.

6 Likes

That headline is rough stuff, not helped at all by the absence of a closing quote.

Yeah, I’m really caught between losing our democracy and the bad english / grammar / punctuation thing on BB, it’s a real tuffy.

19 Likes

Why hope for tomorrow when today isn’t yet over? Fingers crossed for a Ford style pratfall tonight.

2 Likes

It was supposed to be a secret?

Ruh-roh.

7 Likes

Yes! I actually only rad the article to see what the word salad headline was trying to say

1 Like

All these pics of Maria and not one of Georgie Boy? Doesn’t seem right.

7 Likes

Word salad sleuth is a thingy?

I actually temped at a Prayer Breakfast. They feature honest to gawd nine fucking inch nails with the serving. Creepy as shit.

1 Like