"Rocket To Kingston" is a new Bob Marley - Ramones mashup

Originally published at: "Rocket To Kingston" is a new Bob Marley – Ramones mashup | Boing Boing

3 Likes

This one is pretty good, but the best ones I’ve seen in a long time are by Bill McClintock on YouTube. One that is particularly delightful is his Slayer/ B-52’s mashup, “Slay-52’s Raining Lobsters”. The guy is a genius.

3 Likes

The translated comment made me think of Bad Brains Live at CBGB 1982. The mash ups are 80% Ramones and not enough Marley. Not that 100% Ramones are bad just that there is not enough reggae in the mix.

3 Likes

That is a fave of mine. His Danzig/Chic mashup is also sublime

Yeah, I agree. It’s certainly interesting, but I would have liked to have seen a little more of the original Reggae influence in the punk music. Now let’s see him take some Ramones tunes and make them Reggae.

Doesn’t do it for me.

1 Like

Pretty sure I’ve heard some punk covers of Bob Marley that sounded pretty close to “Three Little Birds” at least. I think that Ramones song became a sort of generic set of punk chords to be applied to random covers.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.