Roger Ailes dead at 77

Clear-cut case of the Deep State tying up loose ends.

Ailes had outlived his usefulness, so he wasn’t allowed to live.

1 Like

A short obituary:

6 Likes

Still far too kind.

6 Likes

In any case it’s unnecessary since that’s one of the few things you can wish for that’s already guaranteed to come true.

2 Likes

Grampaw Rupert next, plz,

1 Like

Eeeeh, I’ve lost friends and loved ones to suicide, murder, cancer, drugs and car smashes. I still partied when Thatcher pegged it.

7 Likes

87 replies and no one said, “Good for what Ailes him?”

11 Likes

Fuck him. He made uncountable innocent lives worse.

6 Likes

Well I hope I don’t die too soon, I pray the Lord my soul to save
Yes, I’ll be a good boy, I’m trying so hard to behave
Because there’s one thing I know, I’d like to live long enough to savour
That’s when they finally put you in the ground
I’ll stand on your grave and tramp the dirt down

2 Likes

WaPo: “Ailes died after a fall at his Palm Beach home on May 10 caused bleeding on the brain, the Palm Beach County Medical Examiner’s Office said. Ailes fell in his bathroom, hit his head and was bleeding profusely. He was taken to a hospital by attending paramedics, the Palm Beach (Florida) Police Department said.”

2 Likes

Does anyone have a copy of the monster manual handy? I think that we only have 1d4 days to find and destroy his phylactery; but I’m not certain that is the correct value.

7 Likes

I’ll admit to having a difficult time suppressing some giddiness that day. It was harder to suppress the day Ronnie Raygun finally met his end, though.

Can you imagine how much life over the last 30 years would’ve been without either of 'em? I expect the whole planet would’ve been better off by a lot.

4 Likes

Chris Cornell and then Roger Ailes… Hmm…

I’m not sayin’ we should sacrifice our precious 90s musical legends in order to rid the world of evil, I’m just saying we should feed Dave Grohl some Big Macs and tequila just to see what happens to Grover Norquist.

Edit: I might be horrible too. So someone make sure Glenn Beck gets on a diet.

3 Likes

‘Posterity will ne’er survey,
A nobler grave than this:
Here lie the bones of Castlereagh:
Stop, traveller, and piss.’ — Lord Byron

3 Likes

Fred Clark over at Slacktivist has done a good job threading the needle here:

3 Likes

Maybe not so much an OD but withdrawal?
The most potent and dangerous drug there is is - power.

3 Likes

Yes, Red Skelton; at least according to Halliwell’s Filmgoer’s and Video Viewer’s Companion (9th edition, page 250).
I looked up Harry Cohn because I dimly remember reading something else about his death, but it must have been in another book. It runs along the lines that someone who had to prepare a speech for the funeral tried to come up with something nice to say about Harry, and after quite a while of thinking really hard, all he got was “Well, he’s dead now.”

4 Likes

That’s precisely why a lot of people will attend the funeral. To make sure.

2 Likes

Oh come on, that’s a gimme.
[foaming at the mouth]: “He gave in to his weaknesses and strayed from the true path, so he was smited to make way for someone more worthy to foster our holy cause!”

Isn’t Coors now brewed in the Midwest, using water imported from Flint, Michigan?

1 Like