Roger Stone forgot about his hot mic when he explained how he manipulated Donald Trump (video)

Originally published at: Roger Stone forgot about his hot mic when he explained how he manipulated Donald Trump (video) | Boing Boing

8 Likes

The old ratf*cker is slipping, letting himself get caught telling the truth about the narcissistic man-child.

31 Likes

First lesson of politics, every mic is hot.

44 Likes

I’m struck by how Stone used the same specific terminology when he claimed that Trump was not controlled by anybody.

versus

Clearly Roger Stone has spent a long time thinking about “handling” and “managing” politicians, so those particular words come out whenever he talks about the subject.

17 Likes

Stone is still alive? :thinking:

6 Likes

Best Evil Puppet GIFs | Gfycat

FSB is laughing at you Stone. Amateur.

15 Likes

Dammit. Now Trump can claim he was lied to whenever he gets accused.

1 Like

the puppet master

Are You Sure Noah Reid GIF by CBC

Remember, these aren’t geniuses he’s working with. :man_shrugging:

5 Likes

It’s classic narcissist manipulation behavior, just convince them that everything was their idea. I did that for years with my former manager as the only way to get things accomplished.

18 Likes

He would never admit to this. His ego does not allow him to concede that he can be duped or manipulated by others. His extreme narcissism is probably the only reliable thing about him.

14 Likes

At this very minute, Trump is furiously Googling “can president unpardon someone?”

12 Likes

He’s already unpardoned him… with his MIND.

19 Likes

Maybe, but his drive for vengeance against those who “betray” him runs pretty deep, maybe deeper than self-preservation…

4 Likes

Trump, on his own, just sits on his ass in front of the TV, golfs, rages, and eats red meat. It’s others who manipulate him into doing things and profiting off those deeds like scavengers. Every time the media credits Trump with being a master schemer, I cringe. How can they say that about a man whose own lawyers are terrified to put him on the stand because he’s so easily manipulated into perjuring or incriminating himself as he does almost every other day on social media?

7 Likes

if trump even gets wind of this, he’s just going to shrug it off. because he himself knows it “doesn’t fucking matter that he never said it.” all he cares about is whether he can claim credit for something he perceives as beneficial to him. conversely, when he says something out of his own brain that he later regrets or wants to walk back, that’s when he blames others for “manipulating” him.

3 Likes

Curious to know if someone’s going to say this interview with Stone was an AI deepfake. Maybe Stone himself.

EDITED FOR SEMI-CLARITY: people saying the interview was a deepfake, not that Stone himself is a deepfake. But then you never know…

4 Likes

8 Likes

I just hate this guy calling himself a “dirty trickster” like he’s just a mischievous little imp. This awful moniker wipes out the evil of it, and also the seriousness of the damage he does. Not evil, just dirty; not a criminal, just a trickster. Like the damage he does is amusing, rather than hurting people.

They say every villain is the hero of his own story. But in this case, I get the feeling he knows he’s awful, or at least suspects it; and he uses his cute moniker to re-brand himself inside his own head. That way he doesn’t have to face what he deep-down knows he is: a piece of filth, wearing a tophat.

He’s a powerful guy doing real damage to real people. Being cute about it only makes it worse.

8 Likes
17 Likes

One of the best ways to manipulate Trump is to simply be the last one to talk to him before he goes on stage. His attention span is around ten minutes. The best example of this is the bleach and light fiasco. Obviously one of those religious fanatics who thinks that literally ALL disease can be cured by light and bleach had just spoken to him. President Trump Suggests ‘Injecting’ Disinfectant as Coronavirus Cure | NBC New York - YouTube

3 Likes