Here's why Roger Stone could be the unnamed person in new Russia indictment

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2018/07/13/heres-why-roger-stone-could.html

11 Likes

Roger that!

16 Likes

The inability of high-profile people under criminal investigation to zip it never seems to fail.

20 Likes

So, he’s playing that “Silly ‘ol me? I declaire. It couldn’t be little ‘ol me” card.

12 Likes

“My contact with the campaign in 2016 was Donald Trump. I was not in regular contact with campaign officials.”

Wait, did he just directly implicate the president?

28 Likes

His Nixon tattoo will go over big in the big house.

Also - he’s one of the biggest assholes on planet earth.

13 Likes

In this case it’s the arrogance of a career ratf*cker who’s never been caught red-handed in four decades. Stone thinks this is a fun game and delights in playing it, but if the prospect of spending even a few of his remaining years in the Greybar Hotel becomes real he’ll flip on Dolt-45 faster than anyone else.

22 Likes

Is that real? I wish it was.

2 Likes

Jumping Jebus on a pogo stick: https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/roger-stone-nixon-tattoo/

21 Likes

his twitter messages indicate it is most certainly, specifically, him

isn’t the definition of treason to conspire against your government with another government?

he doesn’t deny his actions at all, just that he didn’t know it was Russia, but is that a defense under the law? I mean you are not even allowed to claim ignorance of a law, or say that you thought a gun wasn’t loaded when you shot someone, you are still guilty under the law

now if Mueller proves somehow Stone knew it was Russia, that’s some next-level stuff right there

it’s going to kill me when he presents his clear report to congress and then they proceed to completely ignore it and just get ready for re-election

btw that image used in this post, I want that for the collector’s edition trading cards

9 Likes

Ah - spending ones golden years incarcerated. Brilliant Roger!

10 Likes

Are we sure that is Roger Stone in that photo, and not Waldo/Wally?

Just grey his hair a bit, and it’s a match!

2 Likes

I think so… Just watching the Ken Burns/Lynn Lynn Novick Vietnam documentary and they play a tape of LBJ literally calling Nixon a traitor for going around the administration to get the South Vietnamese government to abandon peace talks in Paris they previously committed to (this was during the presidential race)… LBJ was such a ‘good guy’ that he kept this a secret, lest the Vietnamese learn that their entire government was wire-tapped…

It’s really not all that different from the alleged act of undermining the Obama administration policy by telling the Russians sanctions would end if elected. That’s just one possibility… They also may have been trading in chips on Syria as an Iran/Israel strategy (Eric Prince meeting a Russian in the Seychelles). But so far the indictments are only about the hacking… I’m afraid it will be years before this shit all comes out, just like with Nixon. Only difference is there’s no hot-war with the main adversary in this case.

9 Likes

Yeah, it sounds like it has to be a joke, doesn’t it? Like there’s no possibility at all it could be real. And yet…

I hope not. I’m feeling optimistic that the game is a little different from back then. Information flows faster than ever and it’s harder to keep secrets.

Can I just say how I’m tickled I am that after over a year of investigation we still keep seeing only the same three or so photos of Mueller? The man is hard at work. This summer won’t be without more surprises.

5 Likes

Or to gratify

1 Like

It’s like when Gary Hart dared the press to follow him around.

3 Likes

“You say to the judge, ‘I forgot armed robbery was illegal’”

5 Likes

Yea, I wouldn’t have believed it, either. I saw something about that prick some time back and they talked about the tattoo.

2 Likes

So he can be the guy with a dick in the front and back. His words.

Don’t all line up at once, ladies. /s

5 Likes