Roger Stone reported told NYPD cop that Democratic congressmen "has to die"

Originally published at: Roger Stone reported told NYPD cop that Democratic congressmen "has to die" - Boing Boing

2 Likes

Why doesn’t this psychopath ever get arrested? Is it just “The police are helpless against him; he’s not Black and he’s not selling loose cigarettes”?

9 Likes

Lies No GIF

22 Likes

Ah yes, the Roger Stone Triple-Down method, generating results since the 1960s.

(OT: Is he the evil version of Bob Barker?)

2 Likes

He does get arrested occasionally.

8 Likes

Florida is a 2-party consent state, so unless this recorded was obtained by law enforcement under a warrant, he’s actually right, I hate to say. Now, do I believe he said it? Of course he said it.

6 Likes

“If there is such an audio it would have to be illegally obtained and if there is such an audio it would have to be an AI generated fraud since I never said any of the words attributed to me.”

So which is it, Roger? Is it real but obtained illegally or fake (in which case which specific law is being broken by the creation of this “deepfake”?)

7 Likes

It could only be illegally obtained if he actually said it. :person_shrugging:

14 Likes

See: narcissist’s prayer

15 Likes

Plus New York is a one party state. And we don’t know if there’s a secret FISA warrant in play.

3 Likes

Does one party allow someone not in the conversation to record?

And NY is irrelevant here.

recording the outlet reported was made at a Florida restaurant.

2 Likes

Ah, yeah, misread that. Florida is an all party consent / two party consent state. Which brings us back to the FISA or other warrant question.

3 Likes

if there is such an audio it would have to be an AI generated fraud

Another regrettable though entirely predictable bit of fallout from the AI craze. From now on crooks will try to pass off any incriminating recording as an AI-generated fake. Post-truth world, indeed.

6 Likes

Don’t believe anything I’ve said and if I said it, I didn’t say it. (Ineffective use of Liar’s Paradox. No points.)

1 Like

For some reason I remember reading a cartoon about Zippy the Pinhead by Bill Griffith (Thanks Google). Something about this post brought Zippy back to mind,

4 Likes

These guys project like nothing else, too, so expect ALL KINDS of recordings coming out soon about Biden and Epstein, Clinton and Epstein saying a lot of horrible things

2 Likes

Again I am struck by Roger Stone’s resemblance to the Golden Age Doctor Sivana, albeit with hair plugs.

5 Likes

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/07/10/us/politics/trump-roger-stone-clemency.html

Arrested, convicted on 7 counts, and pardoned by PotUS. Did you miss that particular news cycle?

3 Likes

That’s a nice audio you got there. It would be a shame if something bad was to happen to it.

Funny how his mind leapt to “illegally obtained” before “never happened”.

7 Likes