Roger Stone sentenced to 40 months (3 years + 4 months) in prison

40 months. I wish it was 40 years.

5 Likes

I read the judge’s testimony.

This arrogant lying piece of human garbage deserved at least 7 years hard time. Fuck the fact that he’s old, has family and friends.

He knew exactly what he was doing, did it anyway, and then intimidated witnesses after it.

I couldn’t care less if he rotted away in jail. The man is unapologetic arrogant lying scum.

9 Likes

If I were the judge, I would have:

1. Sentenced Roger Stone to the recommended 7 year sentence, and a size-able restitution claim to this victims.
  2. Suspended all but the 40 months of the sentence, and restitution claims. (If Roger Stone re-offends again, he now has these remainders to contend with.)
  3. Recommend disbarment to all areas he is licensed to practice law.
  4. Refer this matter to the IRS CID for a (potential) illicit gains from his practices.
7 Likes

POTUS has broad powers to pardon, that is the law of the land.

We definitely should be very critical when he uses those powers in a self-serving manner. But it almost doesn’t matter, anyone who still supports Trump won’t care what abuses he might do. And anyone who might question such a pardon should already be against Trump for the 1000 other things he’s already done.

2 Likes

I’ve always loved Fat Tony. I’m so glad that an actor of Joe Mantenga’s caliber has reprised the role over and over!

Trick question, I’m not falling for that.

1 Like

Yeah, but not just the recommendation but after reading about how he threatened to kill a witness’s dog, then threatened the witness’s own life… (said witness still in fear of some random Trumper deciding to kill him because his testimony put their hero Stone behind bars…), I would have expected more time.

4 Likes

We’re all wondering if 45 is going to pardon Stone, but Stone is out on bail until the appeal fails. We won’t see a pardon or much talk of it until then.

Also, he should have gotten at least the full term. I know people who have gotten longer sentences for carrying weed.

Must be nice to be a rich white dude with powerful friends. All of these guys are getting off way too easy. I mean In who’s eyes (besides the perps) is this sort of “soft treason” less of a crime than a major drug offense?

White collar crime man, white color crime.

3 Likes

It’ll be interesting to see if he pushes for appeal. That could drag out past the election and he could be shit outta luck with the pardon if tiny hands looses.

2 Likes

Yup.

3 Likes

I think it was Reuter’s who reported he was already planning to appeal.

The funny part is how the new prosecutors essentially told Barr (and Trump) to go fuck themselves and proceeded to go with the recommendations their predecessors had, and resigned over.

Its 24 hour news cycle clickbait bullshit. Stone’s very expensive attorneys vetted the jury pool as a matter of course. Including social media profiles. That sort of thing is pretty common in Criminal Defense.

They made a motion to eject that juror that was denied. The defense attorneys didn’t appeal the decision and have lost the ability to re-litigate the issue after the fact.

Which was also supported by the replacement prosecutors. They flat out ignored Barr/Trump’s revisions and went with the old 7-9 years. Essentially telling off the president and AG.

1 Like

Did anyone update Trump on what Roger did wrong? Last I heard Trump believes Mr. Stone didn’t do anything wrong.

You’re welcome to try, but even if you gave him all the details and carefully spelled it out for him, he’d still believe Stone did nothing wrong.

3 Likes

No time at all.

He’d be choked to death in the street.

2 Likes

Yeah, I didn’t bother mentioning race…

1 Like

2 Likes