Trump calls Roger Stone's proposed sentence a "terrible miscarriage of justice"

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2020/02/11/trump-calls-roger-stones-pro.html

2 Likes

15 Likes

And if anyone knows about “terrible miscarriages of justice” it would be our president.

19 Likes

Even without a pardon there’s a near-zero chance Stone would actually spend anywhere near 9 years in prison, but it’s still fun to see all the Trump cronies have to do the perp walk.

19 Likes

“The real crimes were on the other side,”

What other side? The courts that he lied to? The witness he intimidated?

Weird how he never pardoned Manafort - I guess Vlad didn’t want him wandering the Ukraine any longer?

21 Likes

That’s simple: all Trump’s relationships are transactional, and he didn’t see anything to gain from pardoning Manafort—especially when Trump was still under investigation for abuses of power.

Now that Trump and his allies have effectively neutralized any chance of holding him accountable for his actions we might start seeing more pardons fly just so his base can cheer about “owning the libs.”

18 Likes

“The real crimes were on the other side, as nothing happens to them”… doesn’t the DOJ report to him? He literally hand-selected the chief law enforcement officer in the country.

6 Likes

“The real crime is that the DOJ hasn’t been able to find any evidence of Democrats committing crimes.”

10 Likes

It does not matter what Trump the Unfit says, as he would not recognize justice if it bit him on the butt.

Justice is already nipping at his heels…

5 Likes

Fuck this noise.

Call* (and follow-up email) your representative and senators.

Tell them to hold hearings on Barr’s conflicts of interest.

*Local office, because it is easier to get through to, and the staffers are less busy.

12 Likes

Hmm…

1 Like

Which will last about 5 minutes because accepting those pardons means the recipients waive their 5th Amendment protections related to their convictions, and there are state-level charges yet to be laid…

4 Likes

I always wondered what the normalization of kleptocracy looked like. I would have never guessed it would be so Home Depot-y orange.

3 Likes

Crooks and criminals have to stand together; otherwise justice might prevail.

Bush was the one who really stole the show. It’s just gotten worse.

2 Likes

If the sentence was 7-9 years, he’s serve at least 6. That’s still a pretty good sentence.

Not Nixon, eh?

1 Like

Nixon was bad too. I suppose I was slanting towards my own living memeory

2 Likes

It is a “terrible miscarriage of justice” as it’s far too short.

3 Likes

Nixon was bad certainly, but he believed in the institutions he represented, he actually did some good things for the country, and did the honorable thing and resigned when his back was against the wall.

Trump actively hates the institutions he represents and tries everything he can to destroy them, he hasn’t done a single good thing for the country, and he basically straight out admits to and even brags about his crimes knowing nothing will happen to him.

4 Likes