Ron DeSantis issues racist, anti-semitic dog whistle in support of Trump

FsguyJlaMAAwKMv

10 Likes

The best part is which states insisted that the Extradition Clause be right in the Constitution, and that those other states were forced to comply.

10 Likes

I don’t know. Playing to the MAGA crowd hasn’t been a guaranteed winning strategy. In fact, it’s resulted in more losses than wins, except maybe in the House. I think if the GOP just stopped catering to that crowd, they’d be fine.

4 Likes

I don’t buy that trump video of Fuck, he’s not that eloquent.

3 Likes

9 Likes

Alan Dershowitz has very recently given the anti-semites in his party the green light.

8 Likes

You may be right. However the GOP candidates/representatives/etc. haven’t figured that out. They seem convinced that without the redhat brigade they’re toast, and haven’t dared risk losing them.

3 Likes

I think it’s a calculated weasel move.

He knows extradition probably won’t be required, as Trump’s lawyers have already said he’ll show up in NYC. So he gets to bluster and play the tough guy knowing full well it won’t be up to him. But more of the base will see him as a hardnosed MAGA stalwart.

13 Likes

DeSantis will go down in history with George Wallace.

4 Likes

DeSantis: “You owe me, Trump! I’ve come to collect!”
Trump: (laughs, points at the line of hundreds of lawyers, contractors, politicians, employees, and family members he’s stiffed over the last 50 years). “Get in line.”

11 Likes

It is hard to believe this guy might run for President. I wonder if he’s stupid enough to call out the National Guard to block the New York State Troopers if needed? Sort of like a reverse University of Alabama “Stand in the Schoolhouse Door”.

5 Likes

I don’t believe he is. It’s a weasel statement. He sounds like he’s going to block it, but he didn’t SAY he would block extradition, only that he wouldn’t help with it. He has no choice, in any case. The feds can and will show up and take Trump into custody if they want. But more likely they will arrange to have him show up in court quietly and without drama. Then again, knowing Trump he’ll make a Production out of it and demand they handcuff him, because he thinks that’ll play well with his base.

10 Likes

Yep - and Fox News immediately went back to being Trump cheerleaders:

8 Likes

I’m really hoping he tries to make a break for Russia - heading to the airport in a golf cart, followed by the entirety of the FBI blue lights flashing and sirens howling.

8 Likes

Is that real? Wow! Another old guy who can’t find the Caps Lock key to enter text as normal people do.

4 Likes

Sounds like something trump would utter.

6 Likes

Of course Meatball Ron did.

5 Likes

Perhaps not in general elections. But in GOP primaries, playing hard to the MAGA crowd has been very effective. And you don’t get to the general election without winning the primaries.

2 Likes

He is angling to pick up MAGA types when/if Trump’s legal woes catch up to him sufficiently to start peeling supporters away. Going hard against Trump will alienate them; ineffectively pretending to defend Trump will keep him as a palatable successor to the MAGA throne.

7 Likes

Soros never directly baked Bragg. Though of course he gave to some org that did donate to his campaign, it’s a bullshit claim.

When Soros eventually dies, who is going to be their new boogeyman that they will dog whistle about?

3 Likes