Ron DeSantis' "Stop Woke" act is stopped by Florida judge: "Positively dystopian"

Originally published at: Ron DeSantis' "Stop Woke" act is stopped by Florida judge: "Positively dystopian" | Boing Boing

16 Likes

Donald Glover Reaction GIF

41 Likes

It really is dystopian, but I wish he’d used a word that’s actually in the vocabularies of most Republican voters.

37 Likes

Oh, I’ve seen them use dystopian… they just use it to refer to anything that is not white male cisgender control of the country…

38 Likes

Ugh, yeah. And that’s dystopian too, of course.

17 Likes

I’m not sure judges are allowed to say “shitshow” in a decision.

33 Likes

True! They just see it as a utopia, because they get off on hurting others.

20 Likes

Uh Huh Yes GIF

11 Likes

Did they have to define WOKE for the paper work?

24 Likes

There was always that 1 right wing kid in my college classes that argued with the professor… That’s fine. You can disagree with what you are taught and you may or may not be an idiot. No one needs the State to mandate that certain topics cannot be taught.
These clods are the “snowflakes.”

26 Likes

Make up your damn mind - are you against censorship or for it?

7 Likes

Yes, that is the goal. Don’t worry though, this is just a temporary setback, the Republicans will find a way around it soon enough.

12 Likes

The assumption is that the Supreme Court will declare this all entirely constitutional on the well-established legal doctrine of “LOLOL fuck you, libtards, we win forever.”

18 Likes

I would like to propose we pause long enough to appreciate the power of that sentence.

12 Likes

There it is again! Two words that really don’t fit together.

10 Likes

“Who controls the past controls the future. Who controls the present controls the past.”

15 Likes

What, like double-plus-ungood?

Respectfully, I disagree. If those guys want to use a diminished vocabulary and usher in the era of Newspeak we don’t need to give them any help with that.

8 Likes

Is that originalism or strict constructionism?

/s

8 Likes

This is why I’m confident that one of his first moves, should he gain the Presidency, would be to follow in the footsteps of so many right-wing leaders (most recently Netanyahu) in attempting to destroy the independent judiciary on a national scale. Fascists hate judges who actually and willingly understand Constitutional concepts like the First Amendment.

17 Likes

Bill Hader Yes GIF

5 Likes