Rooster crows "death metal"

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2020/03/09/rooster-crows-death-metal.html

2 Likes

I love these birds.

3 Likes

I still prefer to be woken with a cup of tea and the shipping forecast.

5 Likes

I love the opening solo to Proclamation of the Dawning Age of the Saurian in a Tide of Lesser Blood!

This guy really nails it, too.

3 Likes

Well, they come to shush the rooster…oh, no! :musical_note:

5 Likes

Looks like they have a backup singer ready when this one retires.

1 Like

That sounds exactly like George “Corpsegrinder” Fischer with a sore throat

This is hilarious

2 Likes

Napalm Death!

1 Like

The linked article about metal not being a subgenre of rock and roll sure gets off to a lively start

“The mainstream media and leftist-controlled academia regard metal merely as a subgenre of rock music, rather than its own distinct genre.”

4 Likes

They don’t love you. Nothing personal, of course, it’s just that…well…first off, they’re roosters so therefore assholes, and second, FUCKING ROCK AND ROLL!

3 Likes

The linked website is a cesspit of elitist pseudo-intellectualism that regularly promotes bands with ties to fascism. The only thing of value that it produces is unintentional comedy.

Also, metal is obviously a form of rock music and it always has been.

5 Likes

I’d rather listen to some nice prog.

5 Likes

It’s a testament to your linked album that, after growing up with late 70’s heavy rock, pub rock (which for me was The Angels, Midnight Oil and Radio Birdman), punk and then the NWOBHM, the first time I heard “Dopesmoker” by Sleep my first thought was “holy shit; this is heavier than Black Sabbath’s first album!” Still my benchmark of what “heavy” means.

1 Like

That’s not a bird – it’s a winged modem.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.