Rotten news for Newsmax: Dominion gets access to journalists' text messages

Originally published at: Judge Orders Newsmax to Reveal Texts in Dominion Lawsuit

3 Likes

Newsmax doesn’t have Murdoch’s billions, so if it loses the case, it could tank the company.

One can only hope!

19 Likes

Judging by the kind of “journalists” it hires, the deathwatch is now officially on for NewsTrash.

14 Likes

They’d likely launch a PBS-style pledge drive or a Trump presidential campaign plea for funds “to fight woke” or other such bullshit. But any funds that go to Dominion via Newsmax aren’t going to Trump or other GOP :ox: :poop: artists, so that wouldn’t be completely bad.

9 Likes

Ha-ha. You used Newsmax and journalists in the same headline!

13 Likes

“ Ruddy started Newsmax.com on September 16, 1998, supported by a group of investors, including the family of former Central Intelligence Agency Director William J. Casey. Later, Richard Mellon Scaife, Ruddy’s former employer at the Pittsburgh Tribune-Review , invested in the fledgling company.[57] One of the initial board members was author James Dale Davidson who edited a financial newsletter. Davidson’s co-editor, Lord Rees-Mogg, former editor of the Times of London, later became chairman of Newsmax”

It would be a shame to bankrupt these fine gentlemen.

12 Likes

Missing quote or /S.

The whole point of that company is to spew bullshit and nothing else. Some numbnut YT channel is still better than this organized disinformation campaign disguising as legitimate news.

4 Likes

Newsmax has journalists?

5 Likes

Most esp jacob rees-mogg, AKA the haunted pencil!

7 Likes

88raz7

9 Likes

One of the ironies of their phones being searched is that some, like Eric Bolling, ended up at Newsmax because of, among other things, sexual harassment by text.

2 Likes

my question would be, does the fact that they don’t have real journalists mean this is different than grabbing the personal phones for real news peeps? because this doesn’t seem like something that’d be good in most other situations

i’m sure there’s plenty of cops, gop politicians, and fascist 1%ers who would love to get the personal phones of new york times and washington post reporters

4 Likes

Turgidson__giphy (29)_13

3 Likes

Hell, I don’t have any texts older than 7 days on my phone, and I’m in the clear!

2 Likes

Or - hear me out - “Welcome to the new Dominion Newsmax. Some things will be changing here but we pledge to tell it like we see it.”

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.