Rotting Leonardo suit from 1990s Ninja Turtles movie fails to sell at auction

Foam latex rots.Not much can be done to stop it. The original gelflings are on display locally and are heavily conserved and displayed in an almost dark room, and they still look like grapefruit peels with pancake makeup on.
The clothes are in good shape though.

2 Likes

Auction personnel… examining the costume before displaying… sad expressions all around… walking away with their heads turned down… side bets just not worth it.

Still… this should give Hoggle’s family and friends some measure of closure.

11 Likes

I thought that was a trolling (yup) comment, but the “restoration” really is terrible. Totally half assed. Not even quarter assed.

1 Like

Jeez. I thought Donatello was the mild-mannered one. WTF were the other turtles doing on tour?

HidAYEous.

This is peak Chuck Tingle territory, here.

1 Like

Creepy…

3 Likes

The rictus grin on that face reminded me of the “Dayton’s monkey”. Back in the 1960s, Dayton’s, a downtown Minneapolis department store, had a pet department that sold all kinds of animals, even monkeys. Apparently, one escaped and was never found.

Macy’s eventually bought out the company that bought Dayton’s, and as they floundered, they closed the store and sold the historic building. The new owners gutted it to remodel, and during the process found the mummified monkey in a ceiling.

Hmm, having seen the picture again just now, I thought I remembered it with more teeth.

2 Likes

More like Krokodil.

I mean, Turtle?

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.