That time a ninja turtle starred in pickle advertisement

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2020/01/31/that-time-a-ninja-turtle-starr.html

after watching this episode of “The Toys That Made Us” on Netflix…I don’t think the creators of TMNT would appreciate this.

1 Like

It’s not an actual ad that ran on TV. The pickle company is made up as well… It’s a project by art students …

https://www.belakhel.com/sauerländer-gurken/

Also, why is the quality on the youtube video so abysmal? Exactly, to make you believe it was recorded from TV. :expressionless:

5 Likes

I knew Raphael - his pickle wasn’t that big.

2 Likes

I guess we need this here.

source

5 Likes

Weren’t they “Hero” Turtles in Germany, or was that just the UK?

1 Like

See what a diet of pickles and pizza leads to?

1 Like

I remember this ad … but then I’m a furry and that stuff tends to show up in my circles rather quickly.

1 Like

So did you find that infamous CSI episode about the convention offensive?

Yeah, it really is mixed bag of emotions.

I do know people that were in it the production company actually consulted with the local community in SoCal. I actually took a phone call from the production team asking for help I managed to point them to a few mail lists from them to call out to the community. I kinda at the time didn’t know what CSI was as I avoided network television. From what I found out from people there the original script was way more of a road accident than what they filmed as some furs they consulted managed to talk them out of some of the worst bits.

At the time most people found it sad and hilarious at the same time. I watched it for the first time at a convention where everybody MST3K’ed it.

The fandom always like to make stuff their own Jimmy Chin started making shirts for the fictional convention that was in the episode. I kinda regret not getting one. (The back said “I thought it was a coyote!”"

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.