Roy Moore's scandal is just the tip of American evangelical Christianity's child bride problem

Makes me sad that because of the lynch-mob story, it’ll most likely never get a DVD or streaming release.

1 Like

Oh come on, it’s not even Thanksgiving yet and people have already got their Saturnalia displays up?!?!¡?

1 Like

He looks much taller with the beard.

“Roy Moore’s scandal is just the tip of American evangelical Christianity’s child bride problem”

Why do I get the feeling that “just the tip” was a phrase frequently uttered by Roy Moore?

1 Like

My mother’s cousin “fell in” with the then-new-ish Evangelical Catholics in the 70s. I wanted to go to a Mass with the cousin, because it sounded like Catholicism combined with a rock concert plus luv.
My mother was horrified, and when I asked why became quite uncomfortable, eventually telling me that Evangelicals weren’t really Catholics, let alone Christian, because they practiced selective religion. I thought she was just being hypocritical (again).

Turns out, my mother had a really good handle on Evangelicals.

4 Likes

Jesus!!!

I’m confused. Didn’t we go after the Taliban for this kind of activity?

3 Likes

It’s pretty obvious that almost everything that the GOP accuse their opponents of doing are either things that the right already does, or things that they are hoping to do in future.

Folks should have paid more attention to that factor when the GOP were calling Obama a Nazi.

7 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.