Royal Caribbean's COVID laden 'Odyssey of the Seas' turned away from two ports

Originally published at: Royal Caribbean's COVID laden 'Odyssey of the Seas' turned away from two ports | Boing Boing

10 Likes

So not only are the ships filled with sick people but passengers are trapped on the floating petri dishes until returning to home port.

No thank you, I’ll walk.

13 Likes

And then the norovirus outbreak started…

5 Likes

Can someone clue me in as to why the Boings are calling it a floating indoor mall? I’ve never been on a cruise ship before. Is it the styling, or something else?

1 Like

This is what the interior looks like. Really.

26 Likes

Because it is the equivalent of staying at a hotel with a giant indoor shopping mall that floats around, occasionally, in theory, stopping at “exotic places” that you can “experience” and then go back on board and have a burger and fries?

23 Likes

Good heavens.

I’d never really given much consideration to what one would do on a cruise ship in not in one’s cabin. This would be my private hell.

15 Likes

Maybe not the best name to apply if you want to get home in a timely manner. Just watch it from now on; no listening to music, no cow hunting and definitely don’t try to navigate any straits with mysterious tide patterns. And for Zeus’ sake, someone get the toothpicks ready and lash the captain to the mast.

26 Likes

Oh, it wouldn’t be private.

27 Likes

Voyage of the Dumbed.

9 Likes

The original Odyssey took 10 years or so. Just saying.

15 Likes

ezgif.com-gif-maker (4)

6 Likes

“When do we get to the island where I get to bone hot nymphs for a few years before heading back?”

8 Likes

Well that might be yet another reason to add to the list:

2 Likes

11 Likes

8 Likes

As observed, it’s like an actual rewrite of The Odyssey.

Sirens probably going off and whatnot.

You HAD to ask, and now I can’t unsee it.

5 Likes

I had to like for this alone. :raised_hand_with_fingers_splayed:

6 Likes

Yeah, and he was the only one to make it back. Odyssey of the Seas is a really bad name.

3 Likes

Hey, it worked for Apollo 13. Sort of.

2 Likes