Royals demands UK news sites delete memorial footage, such as Charles's embarrassing behavior at the accession council

Originally published at: Royals demands UK news sites delete memorial footage, such as Charles's embarrassing behavior at the accession council | Boing Boing

6 Likes

Well, good luck with that Chuck. I look forward to seeing how that works out for you.

20 Likes
11 Likes

Mob rules: you send out a little humiliation, from time to time, just to see who smiles through it and who protests. And then you punish the unfaithful.

2 Likes

Someone should tell him about the Streisand effect, before it gets renamed to the Charles Effect.

16 Likes

Because that worked sooooooo well before

12 Likes

20 Likes

Saint Babs, we invoke thee…

16 Likes

18 Likes

“Won’t someone rid me of this troublesome Guardian journalist?”

11 Likes

Some quick Internet research suggests that the royal family granted conditional access to the media to events like the funeral in exchange for having control over how the footage was used in the future:

4 Likes

Yeah, it’s nothing to lose his head over.

4 Likes

Here’s a “footage”.
No. I’m withholding it.

7 Likes

Poor old Charlie. His ma just died and now he has to deal with his inbred shitshow of a family. It’s a wonder he didn’t just turn the whole desk over.

4 Likes

Chuck got his first real job, @ 73 years old. That’s nice.

7 Likes

ch

11 Likes

I got more of a Roger Stone vibe. The Snarl of Entitlement.

10 Likes

They already did that to a King Chuckles. I have faith the British people can find something more original for this one.

5 Likes

What was Charles’ embarrassing behavior at the accession council? Publishing a story with that in the headline, and not explaining, or at least linking to a description, of the purportedly embarrassing behavior, is bad journalism.

1 Like

Tell us that one about how the monarchy has no actual power again :confused:

4 Likes