Rudy Giuliani and Jenna Ellis attack AG Bill Barr for saying there's no evidence of widespread fraud that could have changed election outcome

16 Likes

Throw them all in a pit and tell them the last person alive gets the only pardon*
*fine print includes that fighting in a pit is considered legal forfeiture of any pardon

15 Likes

Who are you going to trust? Trump or the hundreds of people he’s refused to pay?

5 Likes

Don’t forget that trump’s lawyer Joe DiGenova is also calling for the murder of trump appointees who aren’t siding with trump.

8 Likes

I also hope they cut Barr enough that he turns on them and drops dime. He knows where the bodies are buried, as he was the guy doing a lot of the digging.

11 Likes

Trump hasn’t been going after Barr on Twitter, which makes me wonder how the current Justice Department bribery for presidential pardon investigation fits into all this. Seems like someone (Trump or someone close to him, whoever was part of the deal) must have gotten so obvious with the bribery scheme that Barr couldn’t make it go away - but Trump is still hoping he will.

6 Likes

I imagine the pardon involves Trump himself, and a self-pardon for clear cut bribery might not be foolproof. Or at least it might slow donations from his base.

2 Likes

Not if he fires up a pardon dot com site where his rubes could go to pay a fee to get out parking tickets, wife beating charges or public firearm discharge citations.

4 Likes

Well, at least those that involve federal charges, but he probably does not understand the difference.

2 Likes

It necessarily involves Trump himself, but I could see him delegating the negotiations for the arrangement to someone else.

From what I’m reading, self-pardon is far from foolproof - it’s not a power of the presidency, but since the issue hasn’t been litigated before, if he did it, it would have to go to court.

3 Likes

Yeah, he’ll do it.

1 Like

So…are we looking at a brief stint for AG Guiliani here, or what? C’mon 2020, don’t hold back…

4 Likes

I’m cynical enough to believe the whole Barr thing is a coordinated scheme with Clump*. The 45* administration has so completely screwed this up (and is going deeper) that they need to try to bring some people to the “no fraud, please vote in Georgia” side. Powell and some very strange guy are saying not even to bother voting, because it’s fraudulent anyway. It’s looking more likely that repubs are going to stay home in big numbers in Georgia. If so, Dems have THE control of Congress. Happy days are here (I hope) again!

1 Like

I’m not sure how coordinated Trump is capable of being, but I think he knows it would be a bad idea to piss off Barr, so he’s using every bit of his limited self-control to avoid attacking him personally. (He’s still casting aspersions on the DoJ as a whole, though.)

National Republican figures have been going to Georgia to encourage people to vote and voters have been asking them, “Why should I vote if the election is fixed?” So it looks like the negative messaging by Trump, his people (and former people) is indeed having that effect. Meanwhile Trump is supposed to show up for a rally in Georgia this weekend, the idea being he’s going to fire people up to vote, but I suspect he can’t help himself and will talk about election fraud so much he’ll have the opposite effect. Fingers crossed!

3 Likes

5f6a15556fd8a.image

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.