Rudy Giuliani suspended from practicing law

I wouldn’t be surprised if Rudy says something along the lines of: “Dominion can’t sue me, I’m not a lawyer anymore!”

8 Likes

7353-w

27 Likes

Squares with what you’re saying here. At the end of the day, an idiot who is overtly and loudly unethical is Bad for Business. Like Trump and the republicans, in the early days at least…until they slowly realized that the market for blatant corruption and overt racism was HOT HOT HOT.

4 Likes

He’s not a lawyer, he just plays one on TV.

9 Likes
14 Likes

21 Likes

I like the Specials, but I prefer the Dandy Livingstone original

24 Likes

Jesus, the wording of their statement… why aren’t more politicians and officials saying this:

“You’re fucking up everything this country stands for, and we’re not going to allow it”

What is so god damn hard about that? That’s what should have been said to Trump (then forced out of office), and should be said to all the Qpublicans that are currently in power or trying for more. It’s not about being cancelled, it’s about “the principle of the thing”. Fuck off and die.

6 Likes

rudy

18 Likes

Too many of those aforementioned politicians and officials were actively profiting from all the fuckery.

22 Likes

Thanks for this. I wasn’t aware that the Specials version was a cover. Dandy’s voice is so sweet.

7 Likes

Fun fact - the Specials got the guy who played trombone on the original to play it in their cover!

17 Likes

Part of the story that is actually lost here is that this is an affirmative finding that Trump lost the election. It isn’t just a finding that there is no evidence that Trump won but that there is actual evidence that Giuliani has been intentionally lying. While it is a minor quibble since that has been obvious to any reasoning person the whole time, it is the first time that the courts have actually held anyone responsible for lying about the election.

23 Likes

Clearly, he’s just been practicing law and just never got the hang of it.

4 Likes

Philadelphia 76Ers Basketball GIF

4 Likes

Honest question: why did it take them this long?

What is the usual timeline of such disbarment proceedings?

2 Likes

I for one am truly saddened and disappointed he was suspended. I would have paid big money, like disney+ premiere access money, to watch Rudy defend trump in NY criminal court.

5 Likes

Goodbye Rudy Thursday.

9 Likes
15 Likes

One would have thought the SCOTUS refusing the hear the case was akin to an affirmative finding. But Giuliani & Co. kept spinning it that they “deserved a hearing” not acknowledging that they got exactly as much process as their suit deserved and not acknowledging that SCOTUS not hearing their case is equivalent to a 0-9 slapdown. They got their “hearing”: SCOTUS said, We don’t wanna hear you.

In court, he literally said that they did not allege fraud. (After which, he and Powell would go on all the TV outlets and allege fraud.)

It was pretty quick, actually. Plus, it was extraordinary, in that, usually, the only way a lawyer get disbarred is by mismanaging/embezzling funds over which he has been given control. (Eg, Michael Avenatti, F Lee Bailey) @ClutchLinkey – Indeed, he did all this and he’s still not disbarred!

9 Likes