Rudy Giuliani suspended from practicing law

Nice parking lot. I guess they gotta conserve cash and can’t just throw around Four Seasons Total Landscaping money any more.

24 Likes

He’s not disbarred yet. But here’s hoping :crossed_fingers:

5 Likes

is, “like the ageing creep from Death in Venice” the most reductive cultural comparison possible? I think this should be investigated.

15 Likes

I starting to think that Judges do not like Lawyers who bring Law Suits with no evidence .
Who have ever realized that ?

“Angry, drunk, and standing in a pothole is no way to go through life, son.”

16 Likes

“It doesn’t count and Democrats are a cancer”

4 Likes

Now he’ll never get paid for all the “legal” work he did for Trump.

3 Likes

Joke all you want, but Rudy is prepared to fight this all the way to the Supreme Courtyard by Marriott.

22 Likes

Truth or CONSEQUENCES bitches!

1 Like

Political appointees in courts? Fetch me my pearls servant! It seems the Democrats are at it!

4 Likes

Part of the trouble is that courts play by the rules, and the insurrection crew know it. If you go to court on a specific issue, they will only find on that specific issue. In this case the question was whether Giuliani acted unethically, whether Giuliani lied. So because the judges were asked to examine that question, it was necessary to address the fact that it was a lie.

All those other cases thrown out for lack of evidence weren’t the court being timid of careful. Having your case thrown out for lack of evidence before a trial is a bit like losing a war for lack of an army, it’s a complete and total loss. But the phrase “lack of evidence” which signals a complete defeat in court, sounds like it means, “It’s still an open question” to the public.

9 Likes

OMG that twitter thread is just endless people dunking on him…

Normally when I tell people to “get on a soapbox,” it’s a sarcastic put-down, but in this case, for framing purposes, I really think you need to get on a soapbox.

5 Likes
13 Likes

I don’t believe he has been officially disbarred yet, he is suspended from practicing law, and only in NY state. There may be more hearings to see if he is disbarred, and even then he could possibly be reinstated after a few years if he isn’t barred for life.

(I’m not a lawyer, this is just what I read about the subject recently.)

2 Likes

Right. This is an “interim suspension” until they reach a final decision after a full disciplinary proceeding in which Giuliani has a right to a hearing.

:joy: Yeah. But he’s seriously a buffoon. If you ever need a textbook example of a mediocre white guy failing upward to national prominence….

Also, the soapbox idiom is always fun because I imagine explaining it to my child: “In the old days, soapboxes were made of wood and could support the weight of an adult. No, not when I was a kid. No, not when my parents were kids. No, not when great-granny was a kid; they were cardboard then, too…”

6 Likes

18 Likes

I say there WAS electoral fraud committed — in Trump’s favor, in the 2020 and 2016 presidential elections. I simply find it unfathomable that so many Americans had voted for him both times (and especially last November after experiencing his first term helter skelter).
Admittedly, I have no real evidence to back up my claim, except for the fact that Hilary had ‘lost’ in 2016 and Donald garnered 70 million or so votes — results that were impossible unless there was fraud!

2 Likes

I don’t. I think that there are plenty of Americans who would very much vote for a vocal racist who embraces authoritarianism. On top of that, there are enough people who embrace the “shirts v. skins” version of politics, who will vote for who ever is from “their” team, no matter what they say or do. And then there are plenty of people who have bought the idea that we need a “businessman” to run our economy (ignoring the fact that the president doesn’t RUN the economy anyway) and so would happily vote for what they see as a successful businessman. And there are people who really believe that we need to tear down our systems (no matter who it hurts) and start again, and that electing someone like trump would accelerate that.

I’m sorry, but being born within the borders of a particular country does not mean that someone is somehow smarter or better or less prone to manipulation and propaganda. Americans are no more or less good or bad people than people born anywhere else. We have a long history of all sorts of oppression that shows that we will very much vote for people like Trump, as long as the status quo is maintained.

7 Likes

You have a hell of a lot better evidence than trump had for his allegations.

I seem to recall there was lot’s of articles about various voter disenfranchisement schemes going down at the time. Thousands (or Millions) of people in democratic strongholds of republican controlled states who were prevented from voting, or had their mail in ballots discarded on flimsy pretexts, the post office being sabotaged to prevent delivery of ballots (up to and including the destruction of mail sorting machines in democratic cities), ballot drop-off boxes removed, polling locations in urban (democratic) areas closed, or “relocated” to suburban locations away from public transportation, etc. Those shenanigans may not have been sufficient to keep Biden from winning the presidency, but I suspect they were responsible for several senate (and house) seats going R instead of D. And I recall a lot of stories about voter disenfranchisement back in 2016 as well. I’m convinced that’s the only way trump managed to [barely] eek out his electoral win then.

2 Likes