Rules for depicting Spiderman in film are grimly bland

From what I can see, these rules would result in a Spider-Man movie where (at least Peter Parker) will be similar and recognizable to the Peter Parker portrayed in the comics.

Without rules like this we got a Catwoman movie that was… not Catwoman.

2 Likes

The first thing I thought of when I read the “does not use alcohol” clause was the brief scene in Man of Steel that shows Clark enjoying a beer at his parents’ house as he watches sports on TV.

He’s not getting drunk, he’s just hanging out like any adult son.

I get that Parker is always portrayed as a young character, but doesn’t he eventually get to drinking age? What’s wrong with a scene where he goes to a bar for the first time, gets carded (of course), and makes it halfway through his first legal beer when Doc Oc shows up?

Between teetotalling and drunkenness there’s a whole world of reasonable behaviour.

3 Likes

The language actually says “does not ABUSE alcohol.” I think that leaves at least some room for a 21-or-over Parker to have a drink or two.

Of course if he’s slightly drunk he can do anything As Mitchell and Webb demonstrate

Too late, he’s been updated. Miles is now the official default Spider-Man. :slight_smile:

I wonder if they’re going to update the Macy’s Thanksgiving parade balloon.

It’s Spider-Man. With a dash. ARGH! I hate you all.

This might be the reason for all those rules

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.