Rules for Regulars

Meh,

I think whatever rules are in place now should be abandoned, and all discussions should utilize RONR with the OP as Chair.

You can add buttons for all the various actions needed. So, if I were to move this as a motion someone could chose to press the “Seconded!” button, and proceed to burn the whole place down if the Ayes have it.

7 Likes

Yes, except for burning things down or other actions that would violate core principles by only a majority vote.

3 Likes

skimming the thread I only read “burn the whole place down” and looked for the seconded! button

10 Likes

or turned into muppets.

5 Likes

I don’t usually post all that much, though I do read a good percentage of the stories, so getting Regular status was a surprise. I did obsess over it a little bit at first, but right now I just don’t have the time to worry about it much. As long as I can still get in the lounge I’m happy :smiley:

15 Likes

I, too, was a bit surprised. I’ll admit that I’ve seen the stats, but they really mean zero to me in that I don’t fully understand the relationship of the stats with my status.

Having said this, I am currently on “sabbatical.” As such, I have time for reading everything and commenting more than I’ve done before 2016. Once this “sabbatical” ends, I suspect my interactions will decline significantly and my regular status will go with the wind. :sob:

13 Likes

Sabbatical? You’re in a coven?

8 Likes

Unemployed.:wink:

6 Likes

Look at me. Surely my stats are over a reasonable threshold for regular status. I read a lot, I regularly run out of likes, which is always annoying BTW, and I post quite a bit. I’m on here for at least an hour every day on average, I’d guess.

14 Likes

Avocation meets vocation.

What I’m saying, is tweak the thresholds so that I and many other regulars are Regulars, and that Regulars should get say, 50% more likes.

Noooooo!

I’m having a hard enough time getting the “You ran out of likes” badges as it is!

13 Likes

Okay I will say at one time I did give out the likes like crazy just to get the ‘out of likes’ dialog box. There was no badge at the time though. But we have a thread for it somewhere. It was even harder for me as I was a ‘regular’ already and we get more likes.

10 Likes

You guys just don’t like enough stuff.

I and some others often get annoyed at running out of likes, and we don’t do it intentionally.

12 Likes

STOP WITH THE DAMN MUPPETS!

``````
8 Likes

You’re right maybe we should leave Kermit’s lounge … Can it be Dr. Who’s lounge now? Or the alternate universe Star Trek lounge?

1 Like

5 Likes

I just came in here for the halibut!

Waka waka!

17 Likes

Okay, @codinghorror, I will give you a specific. I’ve mentioned this in private in the past… and I’m gonna piss off two awesome, awesome people here.

@slybevel made regular before @mindysan33. @Mindysan33 contributed more high quality posts before they both became regulars.

Both of them deserve it, the rules that order which one achieved regular first are out of balance.

@slybevel can I still crash at your place soon?

17 Likes

Regularity seems to be more about reading than posting. Not sure if it should be.

But then again, I wouldn’t say that Regular status is a big deal.

12 Likes