Rush Limbaugh dead at 70

Originally published at: Rush Limbaugh dead at 70 | Boing Boing

17 Likes

One of the human beings most responsible for the current state of political affairs in the United States has shuffled off this mortal coil.

My mother taught me that “if you don’t have anything nice to say, don’t say anything at all.” So, I have nothing to say.

62 Likes

34 Likes

69 Likes

Huh.  

19 Likes

46 Likes

Isn’t it nice how the world feels a little bit less hateful today?

33 Likes

He did so much damage to our country. It’s hard to underestimate the role he played in our current situation.

Good riddance.

61 Likes

:partying_face:

14 Likes

Couldn’t agree more. I knew a number of otherwise-centric Republicans [what might have been called Rockefeller Republicans at one point] who scooted rightward after listening to his show, and then further rightward after taking that dive.

27 Likes

And if he had died 30 years ago there would be far less hate. Some people are just shitty people, but Rush ran the shitty people factory, and he had the production lines running 24 hours a day.

He gets the mass shooter/serial killer treatment from me. His actions won’t be forgotten but his name will be. There are better people who deserve to be remembered.

54 Likes

This is indeed, undeniably positive news. This guy actively made the world a worse place for untold millions. It does fill me with a sinking feeling every time though that it took death to defeat these fucking fascists and remove their microphone. The ears are still there, eager, desperate to be filled with hatred. It would feel so much better to have found a way to undo some of the damage or turn away some of the faithful while the fountain of disgust were still alive.

38 Likes

Best thing he’s done for the country.

48 Likes

So, when the pandemic’s over, meet up for beers at the bar nearest his grave site?

16 Likes

I honestly would be there, but my mom got stage4b cancer last year with a 2.5% survival rate, and she’s made it the year. But it’s cancer. It comes back. Often and worse and faster.

So,I’m sticking by the “not wishing it on anyone” because monkey paw curling is a common theme in my life.

18 Likes

And nothing of value was lost. Good riddance to bad rubbish.

22 Likes

Which is why I thought better and deleted my comment.

11 Likes

I knew something felt different with the universe when I woke this morning. It just felt ever so slightly better.

11 Likes

Rush Limbaugh was around 310 K and and will now be cooling to around 293 K. It’s a 5% difference in temperature, so the sort of thing I’m sure he would have told me not to care about, and I will honor him by not minding the change. (I will leave the question of exactly what temperature his soul would be at to the theologians.)

22 Likes