Russia invades Ukraine

Probably because he’s convinced he’s right and can do it better. I suspect he’d see mass casualties of Ukrainians as a feature, not a bug.

Yeah… I think I’ve said that several times, in fact in the past couple of days.

jada pinkett smith that part GIF by Red Table Talk

Today, there is no ‘legal’ route to the U.K. for Ukrainians fleeing Russian war crimes.

Fortunately, there are other countries just waiving any passport requirements for Ukrainians…

One thing a foreign power occupying part of your country often does it concentrate a sense of who you are…

Absolutely disgusting and appalling comment from the Bulgarian prime minister. Really outrageous.

@GagHalfrunt, he’s also saying what other European powers who are less willing to show their racism were thinking, too. Not that the rest of Europe should not be doing exactly what they are doing, but they SHOULD also be doing that for Africans, Arabs, and Afghans fleeing from conflicts started by the west.

They didn’t kill him, at least… he got to live the rest of his life out at his dacha…

With regards to Turkey, that’s hilarious, because one of the major conflict points between the Old Russian Empire and the Ottoman empire back in the day was… access to the Black sea!

Russian forces are handing out gas masks to its troops in Donbas.

Bryan Cranston Reaction GIF

We successfully fought off enemy attacks

Happy Chris Hemsworth GIF by Marvel Studios

Meme Reaction GIF by Robert E Blackmon

Kimmy Schmidt Good Luck GIF by Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt

I’m not surprised… I don’t think Russian people wanted this, except maybe a few hardcore Putin supporters, but I don’t think the majority of even the military was excited about this…

hegel-wink

He’s a student of people like Dugin, who actively distort history to suit his own ideology…

Kenan Thompson Reaction GIF by Saturday Night Live

Well, given its heel turn in recent years…

I don’t know. Given some of the reports people have been posting here, I’m not so sure.

mtaibbi. “I didn’t bother to take this possibility seriously enough. To readers who trust me not to make those misjudgments, I’m sorry.”

@navarro - Taibbi LIVED in Russia in the early post Cold War days…

Right, and how long until the average Russian soldier decides that they’d rather flee than deal with that for a few years…

I think that’s the thing that scares me the most… that they did that. They don’t have to actually launch a nuke at all - they can just fuck up the exclusion zone…

Uh Huh Reaction GIF by Originals

Jennifer Lawrence Oops GIF

Great for the average person to throw out a window on invader’s heads.

Meh.

Miss Piggy Whatever GIF by Sky

I guess we’ll find out.

Black Girl Magic GIF by Identity

Yep. I’m sure some are enthusiastic, but I bet many are not.

Yep. Sanctions should hurt, and if we have to suffer a little blowback to stop this, then we should do so gladly.

23 Likes