Russia invades Ukraine

First scrub off the “Z”.

23 Likes

Step two: Pride flag.

30 Likes

I came of this by accident via Reddit, so I’m absolutely not endorsing the site nor vouch for the content. Can someone kindly fact check wether this is indeed Intra-Russian propaganda or made up?

Spray paint. Lots of spray paint. A nice medium blue on top and a sunny yellow on the bottom. :ukraine:

22 Likes

Dazzle paint. Spot the tank in this picture.

27 Likes

Likewise, Russian oligarchs love the South of France but have a “patriotic” alternative in Crimea.

7 Likes

World Central Kitchen (Chef Jose Andres) is on the ground in Ukraine feeding the hungry. Please share and donate.

Mods, maybe we can consolidate this and my Red Cross post into another thread where people can add links to organisations who need help?

Www.wck.org/donate

21 Likes

JB Weld, if available.

14 Likes

Not a Call of Duty player I would guess.

CNN reporter realizes he’s crouching by grenade while reporting live from aftermath

7 Likes

One item noted:

“ Among our theories: the oligarchs in the nation’s defense industry were skimming defense budget dollars to buy jets, Italian villas, and yachts, and to pay the right people at the Ministry of Defense to fudge the relevant spreadsheets. “We delivered 1,000 cruise missiles, comrade!” Except maybe it was 100. Given what we know about the Russian economy, it seemed quite plausible. Then last night, this threadsupported the theory. Russia had a minister of defence, Anatoly Serdyukov, who greatly increased the Russian army’s efficiency in 2007-2012. But part of his work was in holding oligarchs accountable for their arms deliveries. So he was ousted. And the new guy? He stopped annoying those powerful oligarchs.

[Minister of Defense Sergey] Shoygy not only purged Serdyukov’s appointees, pandered to old military establishment, stopped arguing with army suppliers about the equipment cost and quality . He also pandered to numerous feel-good-lies regarding the Russian big strategy. [Emphasis mine.]”

27 Likes

“Luckily we didn’t because of a fast-acting human controller.”

Uh… so are you rooting against yourselves, then? Or was almost blowing it up an unintended result?

9 Likes

But it’s not even Russian vodka or made in Russia…

Stoli is made in a NATO country and Smirnoff is made in the United States, neither is owned by Russian companies.

13 Likes

I gather they wanted to sabotage equipment, not kill people.

2 Likes

Hopefully. Just seems weird to brag about how much damage they caused, then turn around and say “thank god someone stopped us.”

5 Likes

Again, causing damage is acceptable. It’s basically what the west is trying to do with sanctions.

Angry Panda GIF

26 Likes

Here is an update on how people in Kyiv are managing through all of this.

9 Likes

Maybe we’re thinking too hard. One of my kids once jammed up the door lock to our house accidentally by inserting the tip of a small twig into the keyhole.

14 Likes

Don’t let the blob push you.

24 Likes

Just wanted to show the Ukrainian consulate in Chicago. They put up a nice new flag – the old one had been looking a little the worse for wear – plus people keep dropping off flower bouquets at the front fence and there’s a balloon representation of the flag that has weathered a few winter days already with no sign of deflating. Today I noticed a Ukrainian flag on the roof of the consulate car as well.

There’s also a Ukrainian Village neighborhood which is a hub of activity right now. It’s a common ethnic heritage here.

33 Likes