Russia invades Ukraine

It gives tinkling the ivories a whole new meaning.

19 Likes

I really like that assessment. And yes, he really has risen to the occasion, far beyond expectations. Although, keep in mind, this is the same guy who didn’t back down when Trump tried to shake him down. There were signs.

31 Likes

The effect of a leader’s charisma is complex. If Zelensky’s builds support, great. I think there may be a psy-ops effect here, too: the Russians must see that “damn, they really really LOVE their guy”, while being only filled with fear and loathing for Putin. That could be demoralizing for them.

I’m okay with that.

26 Likes

This is crucial. If it would weaken Russia to have Zelensky pose for a centerfold nude on a bearskin rug smoking a cigarette, they should do it.

20 Likes

We all have chip in and do what we can to help in this crisis /s

8 Likes

Those aren’t chaps - I checked very closely whenever they turned around. Those codpieces are heroic however

12 Likes

I’m just glad my pun wasn’t wasted.

18 Likes

Evidently that is an old video that pre-dates the war, but still could be useful!

4 Likes

That’s going to tick off Moscow.

Previously

22 Likes

She is a famous Russian influencer and this video is from 2021.

8 Likes

Ronald McDonald with a Pennywise face was brilliant.

7 Likes

More crushing the PR war. Who are these guys?

Graphic video warning.

23 Likes

one big test for ukraine i think - if they’re able to make it through this - will be whether zelensky then steps down at the end of his term. winning ( or surviving ) a war and clinging to power - it’s a temptation many have given in to.

( i really hope they and he get the chance to do it right. )

12 Likes

Ok…Ronald McDonald and Santa sure…but is that Booster Gold???

7 Likes
22 Likes

I am still waiting for someone to point out Sean Spicer isn’t dead so I can deliver the payload from a setup post

(Don’t anyone do it because they read this, I’ll know)

7 Likes

Putting the cart before the horse there. That is assuming a lot, including that he wouldn’t be re-elected.

3 Likes

And for Trump.

9 Likes
12 Likes

i think it’s a useful point when people are talking about staning the president. cults of personalities seem all too frequently to lead to bending the norms of democracy. ( look no further than donald little hands, or putin )

respecting a person for the amazing job they’re doing and assuming they can do no wrong are important distinctions.

( and if you read my previous comment’s parenthetical, you’ll see i readily acknowledged there’s a long time between now and then. fwiw: their presidents are eligible for two consecutive terms, just like ours )

10 Likes