Russia launching mission to rescue astronauts stranded in space

Originally published at: Russia launching mission to rescue astronauts stranded in space | Boing Boing

12 Likes

I hope they all get home safe

18 Likes

I mean, they’re stranded in the same way in which every single cruise ship passenger is stranded : they’re on a functional vessel that has fewer lifeboats than passengers.

15 Likes

But the Coast Guard is a little harder to reach and the sharks are considerably scarier.

17 Likes

Space Week GIF

26 Likes

Sea sharks, then land sharks… now SPACE SHARKS!!!

coming-to-America-Arsenio_AHHHHR

18 Likes

Yikes. That is extremely stressful.

Someone do the dog meme with just a pin hole leaking out the air instead of the fire.

4 Likes
10 Likes

Luckily the Nazis number one opponents have Space Lasers.

9 Likes

From what I’ve been reading elsewhere there are probably a couple other emergency options if there were a true emergency and they needed to immediately evacuate. The Crew Dragon was originally sized for seven people. This one only has 4 seats but if they really needed to fit seven aboard they could probably get away with it. Also, an analysis put out by the Russian space agency (which may or may not be accurate, given the source) says that their capsule could still be used for a survivable landing without the cooling system functioning, it would just get uncomfortably hot (up to 110 F). But this certainly doesn’t seem like an Apollo 13 level issue.

6 Likes

This is a job for the XRV Lifting Body!!

4 Likes

Roscocosmos

6 Likes

d6d0a17887bcc01e987358d7a037a45d

4 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.