Russia-praising Tim Pool denies knowledge of Russian money to podcast platform

david-bowie-changes

8 Likes

I was thinking this…

Animated GIF

4 Likes

Reading through his recent tweets, I’m pretty sure he thinks he’s being facetious. But like most people on the far right, he doesn’t understand how satire works. At all.

This is a really long video, but for those who think Tim Pool can’t possibly be so dumb as to have not realized where the money was coming from, I present evidence of Pool’s stupidity.

9 Likes

I don’t doubt your estimate of his understanding; but he’s arguably laboring under the additional burden of being such weak material.

The best conditions for humor to be incisive are when there’s a target that has more internal structure than it’s aware of. It doesn’t need to be well-formed internal structure(indeed, the humor usually works better, or at least more readily, if it’s internally contradictory, hypocritical, or turns out to be either monstrous or nonsensical on closer inspection); but there needs to be something for the keener observer(or the speaker themselves taking a moment for self-awareness) to tease out.

If you are just bad at satire you are in the position of an amateur attempting an illuminating pathological dissection with shaky hands and a blunt penknife. If you are bad to satire you’re a dish of jello: you could throw Andreas Vesalius at the problem and there would be no cuts that expose anything that wasn’t already visible and already dull.

4 Likes

More examples of Fine People.

4 Likes

Do you suppose his fans care one iota that he’s been a shill for Putin?

5 Likes

They probably think it’s smart of him to score some cash that way.

6 Likes
3 Likes

As a wise man once said, “Fuck those people, man.”

Dear Gina hits it right outta the park once more.

Also posted on the related thread.

7 Likes

Bloody friggin outrageous!

Indictments coming at least fairly soon, I hope. :crossed_fingers:

2 Likes

This is exactly what I was thinking of making the case that no, he really is that dumb.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.