Russia stops circulating new currency because church illustrated doesn't feature a cross, but neither does the real one

Originally published at: Russia stops circulating new currency because church illustrated doesn't feature a cross, but neither does the real one | Boing Boing

4 Likes

Most unorthodox.

Meanwhile, in the Church of the Holy Sepulchre religious differences are settled via free, frank and open discourse.

7 Likes

Considering the ruble’s fall in value, sorta weird to be worried what is printed on what probably will end up being used as toilet paper. :wink:

7 Likes

You’’re Right - I’d have thought they’d concentrate on leaving enough space for all the zeroes they’ll need to add.

Hard now to work out which is more deluded and dangerous - the Russian Orthodox church or Evangelical Americans - but no mystery why they admire one another so much.

9 Likes

My best friend worked for years in arms reduction related issues at the State Department as part of the negotiation teams. She taught me the phrase “open and honest conversation,” which is diplo-speak for “we were screaming at each other across the table.”

I’ve used that for the last decade or so since she told me about it.

12 Likes

The British term is “full and frank exchange of views”.

11 Likes

Nice to know that right-wing Christian idiotic outrage over things that aren’t real is the same the world over. If we could get them to spend more time fighting their own shadows, it would be even better.

I thought a “full and frank exchange” also included fisticuffs.

8 Likes

Across from where?

… sometimes delivered while “tired and emotional”

6 Likes

Tired and emotional…as a judge

I believe this was also John Le Carre’s euphemism for his numerous affairs.

3 Likes

That’s confusing if referring to Ugandan Discussions.

1 Like

Needs more finnish hardcore soundtrack.

1 Like

Another reminder that the Russian Orthodox Church is one of the key supporters of Putin’s fascist regime.

4 Likes

I like their male-pattern, centre-parting tonsures.

2 Likes

They’ll get it right when they debut the 1,000,000 ruble note. What’s the inflation rate in Russia again?

4 Likes
3 Likes

I would call that a robust exchange of views.

4 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.