Russian billionaire Mikhail Fridman says "I don't know how to live” on monthly allowance of $3,300

Originally published at: Russian billionaire Mikhail Fridman says "I don't know how to live" on monthly allowance of $3,300 | Boing Boing

8 Likes

Me when an oligarch complains
No One Cares GIF by Adult Swim

39 Likes

“I don’t know how to live,” he told Baker. “I don’t know. I really don’t know.”

Are we supposed to care about this corrupt greedpig’s plight resulting from his being one of Putin’s pets? Because I don’t know how to care about it. I don’t care. I really don’t care.

32 Likes

It’s called ramen instant noodles and you can eat it either as a crunchy snack or a soup.

28 Likes

As noted, and commented on in the replies, here:

8 Likes

31 Likes
18 Likes

This might help him as well.

14 Likes

I mean, I believe him. Still don’t care.

23 Likes

So this will be an exciting learning experience, a first small look at what he has been doing to the other Russians. Not even as Putin’s lackey…just as a billionaire. Would all of them had the same.

18 Likes

bbc one crying GIF by BBC

19 Likes

Maybe he can get a loan from the grifting American deadbeat that his bank somehow determined was a good credit risk.

There was never any real need for Putin to get pee-tape kompromat when he could just tell tame oligarchs like Fridman to loan Biff money after no reputable Western bank would.

15 Likes

To be fair, $3,300 take home “wage” (in his case) can buy a pretty decent standard of living (depending on rent and whatnot, YMMV)

Eta: missing word
Eta: oof, forget that’s USD. That’s alot of loonies and toonies

6 Likes

Strange the US hasn’t done more to reign Fridman in.

12 Likes

Historically, Russians often brag about how they can withstand hardship (cue up the Pine Barrens episode of “The Sopranos”) so this guy is not living up to the stereotype.

Or maybe he could just ask the majority of Russian citizens how they survive, since the median income back in the Motherland is only $6500 (USD) a year.

These assholes have bled their own country dry.

19 Likes
19 Likes

violin-tiny

18 Likes

23 Likes

Enhance! Zoom!

19 Likes

Out of curiosity I looked up our most recent poverty income guidelines for the US.
If this dude is supporting a family of 7 (himself included) he’d be right below the threshold for “poverty” here at the listed allowance.

Personally, I don’t care about this guy or his perceived “hardships” but thought it was interesting.

12 Likes