Russian billionaire Mikhail Fridman says "I don't know how to live” on monthly allowance of $3,300

“Yeah, y’know it occurs to me that the best way you hurt rich people is by turning them into poor people.” – Billy Ray Valentine

6 Likes

3 Likes

Because civilized people don’t just walk up behind people without due process and shoot them in the back of the neck.

1 Like

So LEARN instead of whining. I can believe that the ultra-rich are socially stunted babies in gilded cribs who would have absolutely no idea how to function in regular society, but if anything that’s a good reason for them to lose their money and come join us in the real world… which would, not coincidentally, be a lot easier to survive in if that money were freed up.

4 Likes

I think the idea is less shooting him, and more asking him to go on unemployment or find a job like the rest of humanity. If sentencing someone to be treated like everyone else is cruel and unusual, there’s a problem.

4 Likes

So he drains the people’s money? I’d rather he just get limited to a small amount of his own money, and pays for all his legal proceedings. I don’t think him going on the dole when he’s got billions that nobody can use is a good solution here. Take his billions, give him a small allowance from it every month, and let him pay for it.

1 Like

That sounds fair to me, but I still kind of wish he had to go through the whole "well, how hard did you try to find work?" part.

6 Likes

7 Likes

2,500 quid a month would go a lot further in Moscow and further still in a place like Chita. Has he thought about that?

4 Likes

Cut out the daily Starbucks coffee and avocado toast?

7 Likes

You just described the main plot of Schitt’s Creek.

If ‘the Roses’ can get their shit together and figure it out, then so can the average oligarch.

8 Likes

I get around £1000 less per month, and have just been told that I am going to get another “increase” that is below inflation (Just like last year, and the year before, and every year going back to 2011.) I won’t tell him that he can’t have that money but he’s going to have to learn to manage on it, just like the rest of us had to.

9 Likes
2 Likes

He deserves to have food, warmth and shelter, because that’s what everyone deserves. Despite his complaining to the contrary, he can manage that on what he is allowed.

12 Likes

Yes I really do care given the context of the UK government allowing this super rich shithole to ‘survive’ on $5k a month compared to the British social security subsistence allocated to the unemployed struggling to find jobs that don’t exist.

I really do care that the Russian oligarchs have been using the City of London for many years and only now the corrupt financial dealings of the COL are being called into question.

I also care about the fact that these super rich scum are part of the institutionalized systemic family of the Saudi asset monopolies as well as our own homegrown filth/y rich.

The rich send their offspring to exclusive schools from birth and the circle completes itself.

Sorry for the rant but I feel we all should care and take more action to make a change here!

5 Likes

None of the Russian oligarchs was born rich. They all grew up during the Soviet era and got rich from business, legal or otherwise.

3 Likes

Dude makes four times what I do. He can

8 Likes

reggie watts yes GIF by The Late Late Show with James Corden

7 Likes

that’s a really big garden you’ve got there

1 Like

…so how come he “doesn’t know how to live”, then, if he’s already lived under worse conditions?

4 Likes