Russian real estate firm employee was mystery 8th person at Don. Jr.'s Trump Tower meeting

I find it disappointing and more than a little offensive that the news media are accepting the “nothing came of it” “it went nowhere” “big disappointment” “so trivial we forgot” claim that Trump Junior issued as soon as the news got out. Even progressive commentators seem to be swallowing that. Just about everything else that’s been claimed about the meeting has been shifting by the day.

2 Likes

Russian real estate firm employee was mystery 8th person at Don. Jr.'s Trump Tower meeting

Maga, bigly I think.

He’s much more than a businessman!

Kaveladze was in 2000 named by the New York Times as responsible for using about 2,000 shell companies in the US to launder $1.4bn from Russia and eastern Europe into accounts at Citibank and the Commercial Bank of San Francisco.

A report by the US Government Accountability Office (GAO) on the alleged scheme did not identify Kaveladze by name but confirmed the involvement of his company, International Business Creations. “It is possible that these transfers were used to launder money,” the report said of the transactions.

3 Likes

Isn’t that a little on-the-nose for a company whose primary activity is creating shell companies out of whole cloth to shift sketchy money around? It’s like these assclowns have gotten so used to an environment favorable to financial shenanigans that they’ve relaxed all the way into saturday morning cartoon villain level.

3 Likes

Could someone just give us a list of who wasn’t in the room?

I think the issue was that the situation was damning even if we accepted that. People were just blown away by the way he was confessing in a tone of voice that sounded like he was exculpating himself.

Now there’s reporting he received a folder of papers from the meeting, so his assertion is falling apart anyway, even if it wasn’t questioned on air at the time.

1 Like

Well, I know that I was not in the room. That’s all I can vouch for. I don’t know, for example, that YOU were not in the room. :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Higher, Deeper, Ranker, Wronger…

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.