Russia's Sausage King murdered in sauna with crossbow

:hotdog::chipmunk::man_in_steamy_room:

3 Likes

It was clearly Colonel Mustard who did it.

14 Likes

In Russia of Putin, meat products kill you.
Oh no wait …

1 Like

And I was all ready to post this and everything.

1 Like

Crossbow seems like a good murder weapon. Has the silence of a movie silencer gun. And just looks like it means business.

3 Likes

It’s down side is the bulkiness and getting through door ways.

2 Likes
8 Likes

So, I guess you could you say, the sausage king got skewered?

3 Likes

I came here to see Tyrion. Your line is sufficient.

1 Like

The Boltons, on the other hand…

2 Likes

Abe Fromanov, surely.

Everything is better on a stick.

2 Likes

My knowledge is limited to a cursory review of the literature(which is a trifle thin because crossbow murder/suicide/attempted murder just doesn’t seem to happen that much, enough for a reasonable smattering of case reports but I couldn’t find a decent “survival odds for crossbow wound with hospital treatment” number) along with some history class “why did something as totally shit as the arquebus actually achieve relevance?”; but it is my understanding that tepid lethality is also a downside (unless you have…plans…for after the shot is fired, as @GulliverFoyle’s article suggests may have been the case).

A crossbow bolt isn’t messing around; but it’s very much on the high mass/low velocity/large projectile side; which means a lot less trauma outside the direct path of the projectile along with a tendency for the bolt to remain in the wound and provide partial hemostasis.

Plenty of places where it’ll kill you anyway; and letting some unwashed peasant punch through plate armor is weapon of class destruction material; but a lot closer to being stabbed at a distance than taking a hit from a contemporary low mass/high velocity/small(often fragmenting or tumbling) projectile is.

4 Likes

Tyrion is one of three possible suspects that the gold cloaks are investigating:
image image image

3 Likes

Yeah, I fail to see the humour in this horrific death.

2 Likes

Murder and torture aside, this is a gloriously weird headline.

1 Like

Victims need to be more deserving of death, generally. Like this villian who took a bolt.

The charbroiled Burger King will stop at nothing!

This tract of the movie version was left on the cutting room floor.

Spit-roasted, without the fire or fun.