Rutger Hauer, Blade Runner's Roy Batty, RIP

5 Likes

Lo Pan will live forever

12 Likes

Slightly off-topic, but…what is the deal with James Hong? He looked ‘late middle-age’ when he was on Hawaii Five-O (the good one), and he looks not a whole lot older now. He definitely doesn’t strike me as the kind of guy who has been having a lot of facelifts, or working out and living clean.

He should have an infomercial to sell his men’s anti-aging skincare line. You’d totally believe he had a secret formula.

6 Likes

Sacrificing Virgins - did you not see Big Trouble in Little China?

10 Likes

…ahem…yes, yes I did…but all I can remember in my dotage is the scene where Kurt Russell is pinned into the ‘Captain Kirk Defense’ by the toppling supernatural warrior.

Since you brought it up - James Hong has aged better than all of his co-stars in that movie. But how do I lure a chatboard’s worth of incels to my backyard sacrificial altar?

10 Likes

Saw this a couple of weeks ago

9 Likes

Kurt Russell is still looking damn fine

4 Likes

Though he tends to look like a giant hamster when he lets his facial hair go wild.

8 Likes

It was his look for Hateful Eight, and within the context of the movie the facial hair looked pretty good :slight_smile:

4 Likes

He kept it on for the American Heroes Channel show “Gunslingers” when discussing Wyatt Earp, which was kinda funny to watch.

3 Likes

Call yourself Peter Thiel?

11 Likes

Didn’t work so well for her

Except in the movie, one of Ingrid Pitt’s all time best

6 Likes

When? I think were there…

4 Likes

It’s falling right now!! etc.

10 Likes

lifes a beach

1 Like

I met him once - he was in town to speak at a film festival that was showing the then newly released director’s cut of Blade Runner. From what I heard later, LOTS of people met him, bought drinks for him, and got properly sloshed in his reportedly excellent company, so my encounter was relatively modest, but a happy memory…
He pulled into the gas station I was working at, driving a rental jeep of some kind, leaned out the window and said, very politely:
“Sorry, which way to the Blahblah hotel?”
“Just take a right here and straight up the hill… HEY! Rutger Hauer!”
“Hehe, yes. But I’m lost.”
… silence for a few seconds …
“LIKE TEARS IN RAIN!!!” (Man I was pleased with myself for thinking of that. Instead of twenty minutes later, as usually happens :slight_smile: )
Polite embarrassed acknowledgement on his part, followed by a “thank you” and he was gone.

What a gent.

13 Likes

Yes, “over the top” is that genre. I wouldn’t quite call it splatstick, but it’s close.

My favorite parts were the Plague and when the guy had on his ice skates:

“Dude, you’ll ruin your skates, man.”

“I ruin everything!”

I am not in the least surprised.

1 Like

I have an autograph from James Hong from his appearance in The Shadow.

6 Likes

Oh man, Split Second I didn’t think anyone else saw that let alone loved it like I do.

3 Likes

Oh yes… what a great show that was…

lexx-kai-dead-do-not-shoop

4 Likes