Ruth Bader Ginsburg’s personal trainer honors her memory by performing pushups by coffin in U.S. Capitol

I am a AARP member. (Yeah, I’m old.) One of the resouces are exercise acitivity videos.

There are two or three by Bryant Johnson:

https://videos.aarp.org/detail/video/6020235098001/work-out-like-a-supreme-court-justice-—-lower-body-exercises-anyone-can-do

7 Likes

Well, if for no other reason, it likely shows something Trump cannot do even one of: a pushup.

6 Likes

I would vote for zombie RBG.

2 Likes

I wonder how many write-in votes she’ll get?

I actually think it was an incredibly brave and appropriate gesture to humanize such a stuffed shirt proceeding. I would be shitting myself wandering if my expression of grief and personal respect would play well and this guy enacted his feelings IMO. To suggest attention seeking in this context is pretty damning of a persons character.

I’m hoping when I pass that the people who know me best will play Herb Alpert’s “Tijuana Taxi” as my coffin is lowered into the grave and is timed perfectly so that the last cartoon taxi horn sounds as I hit the earth 6 feet below. Then again I’m not a justice of the Supreme Court of the United States who’s name will be filtered through a hagiographic lens:

4 Likes

I can’t believe he only did 3. Why not her age like 86?

1 Like

A close friend is a fitness trainer who often works with the elderly. She’s been a wreck when long term clients pass. I know she’s checked in on many who were no longer able to work out with her. “Off the clock”, she would chat and bring them soup. This was a salute.

7 Likes

Google Taiwanese funeral strippers. It’s a thing.

A touching and witty way of honoring RGB’s memory.
He’s still keeping moving, alongside her, in her memory.
Exemplary.

3 Likes

I was looking through the local craigslist ads these past 2 months, looking for a heavy bag…

… to hang from a big oak tree as a work out area, next to our community pool.

Like, before the big November election here in the U.S.

It would be a cross between public art, public service, psychotherapy, and outdoor gym for people who just can’t make the drive in to town and have no home gym.

Maybe there’s a place near you to hang one up?

They have these big heavy weighted metal stands in you don’t have a big beam or big branch to hang the bag from–they weigh about 100 pounds (~45kg).

I mostly need leg work and lower body but I think if I wrap my hands up I might be able to do some hand/arm work. I have some carpal tunnel issues… I should probably check in with a trainer. :roll_eyes:

Yes, literally the subject of the post I was replying to.

Did someone pull a Bender and go:

“Fine, I’ll plan my own funeral. With blackjack and strippers.”

1 Like

No… watch the video?

1 Like

Oops. My bad. Send your address and an apology stripper will express my regrets.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.