Samsung gives up on exploding cellphone, withdraws Galaxy Note 7 for good

It is very hard for me to recommend any Android device at this point. Qualcomm is sucking so very hard, and all Android devices are based on Qualcomm… sadly.

1 Like

Then why are there reports of burning/exploding iPhones from 2014?

So, is the Macbook an Apple product?

An excerpt…

Apple is approaching its tenth year of exploding laptop batteries and might be fine with telling customers that its batteries bursting apart is “expected behavior.” But believe me, it’s far from expected, routine or safe when it actually happens.

1 Like

Ah, so you’re a Microsoft man.

1 Like

Unless you can produce news reports of multiple events on an airplane involving Apple products bursting into flame in the last… let’s say 18 months to be fair… then yeah. I call bullshit.

Have you flown recently? Every damn airline has been broadcasting DANGER on this specific device, the Samsung Note 7, for weeks. Both with signs and pre flight announcements. That is unprecedented for any device!

1 Like

A friend on Facebook put it best:

6 Likes

You can call bullshit all you want. It doesn’t change the fact that the Macbook has a long history of battery swelling and fires. The main difference is that Samsung didn’t try to tell their customers that it’s “normal”.

1 Like

if an unnamed source familiar with the test procedures is to believe Samsung still don’t know the root cause.

1 Like

Galaxy Note 7 boxes will become the most popular gag gift packaging ever.

With a vape inside…

…from Boing Boing Store.

2 Likes

Are you listening Boing?

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.