San Antonio cop fired after shooting innocent teen who was just eating a burger in a McDonalds car lot

FIRED? Wait until the Police Union finds out and says “No, he’s not fired.”. That happens a LOT with Killer Cops. Far too often. The main function of Police Unions is to protect crooked cops, at this point.

9 Likes

So, call for backup, don’t wait for it to arrive, don’t block the car in, assault the citizen with deadly force first. Got it.

9 Likes

Indeed. It doesn’t matter what the kid did or didn’t do the prior evening because lawful punishment for evading police is never attempted murder.

I wish the teen a speedy, full recovery and university tuition paid for by the lawsuit his family is about to win.

34 Likes

Judge, jury and executioner all in one.
Literally anything is an excuse for cops to kill.
My lifelong trauma and fear of cops since being falsely arrested as a teen has not abated. Had I not been friends with the DA’s girlfriend, I wouldn’t have been able to get the astonishing shopping list of fictional charges against me dropped and I’d have a felon’s history attached to me. In short, I was “lucky”. Most people aren’t, esp. those of color.
Nothing about this video surprises me, and that’s unbelievably tragic.

28 Likes

I want to know how the kid is now? Is he going to be OK? Hopefully he’ll be able to testify in the lawsuit. I’m sick of hearing about any kid of any color getting killed or wounded for being a kid. It never should matter what color the kid is, kids don’t think rationally because they are kids. Give the goofy little messes a chance to grow and become rational. Now every other kid connected to this boy will know to fear cops and reasonably so.

11 Likes

Poor kid. :cry:

8 Likes

This local source lists him as stable.

14 Likes

Seriously, how’d he forget to make his bodycam “malfunction” after shooting?

11 Likes

When he started his pursuit, after unloading his clip, why did he engage something on his watch? Didn’t want to get his steps counted incorrectly?

3 Likes

These details are out there with a little web-searching, but I’ll stow most of my snark and share what I’ve read:

• It is currently unknown if it was the same car. The Police Chief himself has said it was immaterial.
  • Also unknown at present. Also immaterial (see above).
  • The supposedly evading car from the day before looked to the rookie cop to be suspicious due to the license plate “not matching” the vehicle.
  • He is currently recovering and expected to survive. Reports are currently unclear if that means sans life-altering injuries or what. The DA is currently still weighing wether to prosecute either party.
7 Likes

Thanks for the stowage, I do appreciate it. Before I posted my list of questions earlier today, I did at least read the entire article that was linked in the initial post. And thanks for sharing what you found.

Wow, if the rookie cop wasn’t even sure if it wasn’t the same car, I mean… WTF!?

3 Likes

Going for the trifecta: Virginia Mom and Kids Rammed Head On by Police Car. Cops Had the Wrong Person.

6 Likes

He wanted to make a driver’s educational video for kids about what happens when a police officer asks you to step out of your car.

1 Like

Okay, thats it. I will never visit the USA again.
I don´t want to be shot by some crazy cop for just doing something harmless like walking down the street.

6 Likes

Kid thought he was being carjacked. The door gets yanked open and somebody yells “Get out of the car!” The cabin lights come on, it’s night, who knows what details the kid could even see at that point.

All monetary judgements, settlements and penalties for this sort of thing should be paid out of police pension funds. The people who trained, supervised and worked with these people should be penalized, not the average taxpayer.

12 Likes

We are constantly told, “It’s just a few bad apples.” Well, the full expression is “a few bad apples spoil the whole barrel,” so pardon us for thinking ALL the apples are bad at this point.

9 Likes

The school massacre in Uvalde, TX made that abundantly clear (again) not too long ago.

3 Likes

Thank You, hopefully he makes a complete functional recovery. Sure hard to see how the coward cop got hit by the car door, doesn’t appear he was knocked down or in any way rendered unable in his efforts to try to kill the boy. Just another stinking killer with a badge trying for his first kill. Fuck the bastard, sue him so hard he has to pay till his dying day.

4 Likes

AND NO PENSION We need to become aware that many of these offenders (not this one probably not vested in the pension system yet) but others are fired convicted sued etc but they still receive , and many times its a large ‘retirement’ pension END IT TAKE IT FROM THEM!!

5 Likes

I think gunshot injuries are almost always life-altering. Unless the kid was just grazed by the bullet, he’ll probably be dealing with the injury for the rest of his life. His whole life from now on will probably consist of 2 parts, before and after this trip to McDonalds.

7 Likes