Santa Claus is having a midlife crisis

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2020/12/02/santa-claus-is-having-a-midlife-crisis.html

3 Likes

Sweet. I find it interesting that when he is angrily railing against reality, he is speaking English. Very Trumpy sounding.

2 Likes

there’s definitely a deliberate off-the-rails trump vibe going on with him. but then his heart grows three sizes. don’t think that’s gonna happen with trump. (side note: they deliver mail 24 hours a day there? HOW?)

3 Likes

In summer it never goes dark, and in winter it’s always dark. They have no idea what time it is.

3 Likes

That needs to happen before the “bowlful of jelly” (he said from experience).

Since 45 picked DeJoyless to screw up the US Postal Service, mail delivery is happening later and later every night. In my area, there have been reports of carriers showing up at 11PM. I can imagine 24 hour delivery here - to reduce the massive backlog of mail before operations get back to normal.

3 Likes

I’m surprised by 11 PM delivery because I thought one of the new rules was no overtime.

2 Likes

I wondered the same thing, but it’s possible they have carriers working second and third shifts to avoid that restriction.

2 Likes

I like that Norway’s postal system logo is a Poke Ball. :slight_smile:

Or the Death Star.

It being Norway, I’m going with the Poke Ball. :wink:

(edit for grammar)

I was onboard with the commercial until it dove into directly referencing Trumpism with the copying of his rant style and the red hattednes and the allusions toward sexual assault. I don’t need reminders that Trump is an asshole to be coming from an otherwise funny commercial for a postal service.

Our mail gets delivered at 9:30 pm. They wear a headlamp. We are worried about our mail carriers.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.