Santa doesn't want cookies. He wants beignets

Originally published at: Santa doesn't want cookies. He wants beignets - Boing Boing

6 Likes

Just make sure you leave out a big cup of coffee or milk to go along with it. Those things are delicious but you need something to balance out and wash down all the sugar.

12 Likes

Coffee with chicory to be complete!

11 Likes

Cafe au lait with chicory, I’d argue!

15 Likes

Laissez les bons temps rouler!

10 Likes

Jesus, BoingBoing won’t leave me be with the doughnuts!

(And don’t tell me they’re not doughnuts…they totally are, they just have a different topology.)

10 Likes
6 Likes

A Santa that doesn’t want cookies? Something’s wrong. Chuck a lit match into the fireplace.

4 Likes

Make It So Patrick Stewart GIF

7 Likes

Rouler. Is that an argument for sweet rolls?

5 Likes

He wants something that spreads powdered sugar all over his clothes?

5 Likes

Ich bin ein Berliner.

4 Likes

Well… something powdery. Aerial sleigh rides are sheer terror.

3 Likes

Santa wants whatever children leave him.

4 Likes

For my most recent birthday I had dinner at a place that serves Louisiana cuisine, and, because it was my birthday, I got free beignets. The waitstaff always apologizes for any delay because they make them to order and I just as emphatically tell them no apologies are necessary.

8 Likes

I was in Café Du Monde at 4am one morning. For some reason there were two families with piles of kids there. I assume they must have been getting ready for an early flight out. They looked at bit shell shocked since the rest of the clientele were a loud and interesting mix of workers between shifts, drunks, musicians and other performers. I’m not sure those kids or parents were ready for the kind of Santa that wants a beignet.

7 Likes

The same but different to the pile of cruschiki we just made.

Also fried dough covered with powdered sugar.

There won’t be any left for Santa but I will look like Santa after I eat a ton of them.

11 Likes

If you’re asking for help disposing of them the answer is yes. If you’re not asking for help the answer is yes, please. :smiley:

8 Likes

This Santa wants Scotch

9 Likes

That could get nasty really fast.

5 Likes