Santorum Christmas movie flops

[Permalink]

1 Like

Can I get that on VHS with the naughty parts edited out?

4 Likes

Where’d you get that exceptionally perfect photo to represent the movie?

6 Likes

Its from “The Shining” I think; though the flood of blood does look a bit… brown…

5 Likes

Speaking of Christmas and Santorum…

3 Likes

Evidently it’s expected to not make more than $5 million, and the budget was over $7 million, so BIG FAIL for Santorum. Yay!

2 Likes

Pretty easy!

42 Likes

I paid a large sum of money to Adobe to make sure I didn’t have that filter.

9 Likes

Mr “I voted to kill Big Bird” agrees with government financing of the arts only when it’s his project… to promote his religion. :frowning: He took money from the Isle of Man Media Fund: http://www.pinewoodgroup.com/our-studios/uk/film-finance

8 Likes

The people get what the people want. Sometimes that means “lowest common denominator”, sometimes that means high quality entertainment. I’m sure Santorum would disapprove of many great Hollywood movies as being “anti-family” (“American Beauty” comes to mind) but at the same time Hollywood also made some classic pro-family, pro-Christmas movies too; hasn’t he noticed that Hollywood comes out with at least one “feel-good” Christmas movie or TV special every year? It’s not like he was providing something the world was missing.

2 Likes

I went to my hoard of gifs to find the most representative of the word “schadenfreude”… here is what I came up with… I love no. 4.

13 Likes

Seeing that photo after reading the headline made me throw up a bit in my mouth. Bravo Rob Beschizza.

5 Likes

I choose to think of the picture as depicting a flood of chocolate. Delicious, heartwarming, traditional Christmas chocolate. Any attempts to persuade me otherwise will be met with a frothy mixture of denial and scorn.

16 Likes

It’ll be a spectacular flop at the theaters, but that doesn’t mean it won’t be repackaged and re-shown every Christmas from now until forever. Some cable network will pick it up to add to their stable of re-run Christmas movies and it will get shown over and over, every year, and Mr Santorum will make a little it of money, every time its been shown.

The money is this movie isn’t at the box office. The money in this movie is going to be in DVD boxsets and cable TV reruns (maybe even a feature on Netflix or Hulu or the like).

3 Likes

Ah, of course…that’s why it looks so familiar but I couldn’t place it…now there’s an excellent use of Photoshop!

Thank you!

2 Likes

Wingnut welfare and Rupert Murdoch will make sure that plenty of people see it, whether they want to or not.

4 Likes

Bingo. Expect that 10’s of thousands will be purchased and given in gift baskets to attendees of “Freedom of Americans for America with Liberty and Justice” conference like they do all the think tank books.

5 Likes

Weirdly, I don’t see his name in the movie-poster credits. Is he using the ridiculous alias of “Steve Christian”?

1 Like

In related news, the Rifftrax Live presentation of “Santa Claus Conquers The Martians” will be coming to a theater near you on December 5, a fine example of how utterly dreadful things can continue shambling their way into the future.

Oh! Maybe it could be put on a special 4-in-1 DVD with “Atlas Shrugged”, parts 1, 2, and 3!

1 Like

I like the GIF but to express true Schadenfreude you also have to rub your hands or/and do a little dance.

1 Like