Sarah Cooper is killing it with her Trump lip-syncs

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2020/05/15/sarah-cooper-is-killing-it-wit.html

14 Likes

This is brilliant, and is likely to cause some far-right heads to 'asplode.

Her being a woman of color is the icing on the cake.

27 Likes

she is phenomenal. and that power move of sniffing the dry-erase marker put that performance right over the top.

35 Likes

OMG the part where she smells the marker… i have no other word for it than brilliant.

16 Likes

Outstanding. And the journalist cutaways are great. I hope she gets a big deal out of this.

10 Likes

This is really good.

4 Likes

She’s a woman of color?

Truly wonderful. Almost better than unicorns. Can we have a daily update, please?

7 Likes

I love this woman so much, holy hell what a loony statement!

Its as if he really believes just not testing erases the problem.

He’s completely fucking nuts, absolutely and completely fucking nuts

11 Likes

Well hell, What are we testing so much for then!?! Let’s stop that at once! Wait, this works for the deaths too, right?

Yeah brilliant performance though.

2 Likes

I could be wrong.

What do you think?

Edit: Looks like Twitter won’t play embedded, but you can go directly there.

https://twitter.com/sarahcpr/status/1238144632984350726
12 Likes

He has a different notion of what “the problem” is, though:

“Jared had been arguing that testing too many people, or ordering too many ventilators, would spook the markets and so we just shouldn’t do it… That advice worked far more powerfully on [Trump] than what the scientists were saying.”

5 Likes

Amen. And what is almost as crazy is that his approval rating stays in the low forties. It’s like the polls are broken (or maybe the sheeple are misinformed by Fox — naaa, couldn’t be :mask:).

4 Likes

Man that was funny. thanks for the link.
I was asking mainly because for me (as a Canadian and also as someone who grew up with a Guinean neighbor married to a French-Canadian, an Estonian, a Polish woman married to a Haitian man, well I kind of got colorblind) I did not heed to that possibility.
It reminds me of a comment I saw recently on imdb about one of the very few Quebecois films on Netflix (The Decline (film) - Wikipedia) that said one of the female character is a Black woman. It struck me because I was wondering what the hell was he talking about and it made me double check the bio of the actress… well, she isn’t. I guess for some, having a darker hue automatically lumps you in another class of people (yes, I purposefully wrote class). I’m not saying you did the same; her having Jamaican parents wasn’t something I picked up on (i.e. it was not obvious to me) because it’s mostly irrelevant for me.

3 Likes

Seconded. Please don’t make me get Tik Tok.

3 Likes

It’s like driving a hundred miles and realizing that the needle on the gas tank still hasn’t budged. “That CAN’T be right. Are we about to sputter out in the middle of the desert with no warning?”

5 Likes

I certainly won’t be!!!

i love these. i always know what the content is going to be before i click it, and i even think, “do i REALLY need to hear his moronic statements again?” but i always click and i’m always happy i did when they are done. she and Randy Rainbow are MVPs of his (only, PLEASE, only) term.

5 Likes

I really think she might be the one who brings down Trump. Her stuff is so well-acted that it hits that spot that even non-political independents, who might vote, or not, for Trump or Biden, are reminded how stupid and clownish Trump is. And they won’t vote for Trump, which at least subtracts from his count.

Most of what we see online is preaching to the choir and has little real effect, but her art transcends that into the perfect ridicule. Every late-night commedian has a (bad) impression of Trump’s voice, but hearing Trump’s own voice over the pantomime really makes it hit home.

8 Likes

We’re used to hearing the Trump voice and words come out of the Trump face, having those words and voice come out of a different face highlight how bugfuck nuts those words really are.

9 Likes