Sarah Palin endorses Donald Trump

When I saw some of her blathering quoted I thought it deserved one of these warnings.

11 Likes

Yes the Palinista said this…

“He who warned the British that they weren’t going to be taking away our arms, by ringing those bells, and making sure as he’s riding his horse through town to send those warning shots and bells that we were going to be secure and we were going to be free.”

12 Likes

New game: Sarah Palin quote or Markov chain text?

28 Likes

John McCain, I will NEVER forgive you.

18 Likes

And people saying Sheev taking over the republic was unrealistic.

2 Likes

But we’d lose the Mermaids of Weekee-Wachee!

Also Epcot.

What about Oregon? Or f’r effs sake - Alaska?!!

1 Like

Personally - and this is just a hypothesis - I believe that Trump is very good at selling shit. He’s a good salesperson. He knows how to put on a show for his buyers, how to make investing in his stupid seem like a good idea.

It’s just that now, he’s selling to a sad, disaffected right-wing, not to foreign investors. They’re eating his shit up because they’ve been trained for the last 20 years to eat shit and trust people who can be slick. It was only a matter of time before some disingenuous poseur came along and sold them a bridge - Trump is that weasel.

13 Likes

25 Likes

oh that gives me an idea a wonderful awful idea

15 Likes

doitdoitdoitdoitdooooeeeeeeet!!!

8 Likes

I’m actually really happy about this, because the alternative was for her to endorse Cruz – she apparently waffled about it until the last minute. The last thing I want is for Cruz to get any boost, and her endorsement would have definitely boosted his possibilities.

4 Likes

Too much paranoia as a side effect for me. :wink:

3 Likes

Don’t forget that a significant portion of Florida will be underwater thanks to “non-existent” climate change. It’s the most appropriate state to give them. We just need to build a high enough wall…and make them pay for it, of course.

7 Likes

Agreed. And I wonder if Cruz may’ve tipped the scales when he attacked Trump’s “NY values” (???) and boosted Trump’s desire to respond.

1 Like

I’m surprised no one has pointed this out yet, but this soundbite is just begging to be remixed with a funky beat.

5 Likes

Sadly, this’ll probably take me at least a week.

Instead of writing up a poll thing, I’m planning on a bot that will alternate fake quotes (markov, or otherwise) with real quotes. I suppose there should be some way of noting which is which?

Maybe a website-game would be better for this.

4 Likes

A variant on the Turing test, with the player being the judge?

Edit: With the Palin button with the icon of her face, and the Markov button with the icon of an abacus?

3 Likes

That was a terrible move on his part, yes. Besides pissing off New Yorkers, it made people look twice at Cruz himself to wonder what he meant by not having “NY values”, and made them realize that if you’re a Canadian lawyer educated at Princeton & Harvard and married to a Goldman-Sachs investment banker, you probably shouldn’t go around mocking “New York values”.

12 Likes

Me too. Here’s a start, from Iggy and the Proud-clingers!

7 Likes

There’s prior-art for this sort of thing - web apps where the user picks quotes as real or fake. Just prior art that I have never tried to replicate.

1 Like