Sarah Silverman reveals she used to let Louis C.K. masturbate in front of her

How the FUCK is it not?

17 Likes

I was never really a fan. I mean I didn’t hate his humor just never a big fan. That being said if redemption is impossible then you won’t see people ever try to be better.

Dude, it’s not about feelings. Do you actually think sexual assault is about the victims feelings, and not a complete violation of their bodies?

HE OBJECTIVELY HAD POWER OVER SOME OF THE WOMEN HE MASTURBATED AT! He was a popular and well liked figure in stand up and could make or break their careers. SOME OF THEM WORKED FOR HIM. How is that NOT a factual power dynamic? That is a real thing that exists.

20 Likes

Because everyone knows MEN are the REAL victims here? /s

14 Likes

Except one he did that frequently with while younger.

I mean, there’s disease, pregnancy, injury, those are body components. The violation is a feeling, and I don’t use the term flippantly. Your feelings are worth respect, and should never be subject to harm.

Pretty much.
I’m out, not going to waste time arguing bullshit hypotheticals with apologists here.

12 Likes

You’re point? Even young men early in their careers can objectively have more power than women, especially in a male dominated field like comedy. And women are often told that they’re not believable or that they need to just laugh that shit off. Fuck that.

If some asshole grabs my ass, THAT IS A VIOLATION OF MY BODILY AUTONOMY. That’s not my precious feelings that don’t matter.

We’re talking about physical actions that cause trauma to real people.

18 Likes

#yucky #nasty #needbrainbleach

3 Likes

Oh good. I was looking for an excuse for everyone to have the exact same arguments we all had a year ago.

3 Likes

I am talking about the reaction to said trauma, outside of injury, disease, etc.

So, emotion immediately invalidates the power dynamic? Okay. Whatever.

15 Likes

Explain to me when Sexual Assault is NOT a power dynamic please. (i.e. Give me one example in which power has nothing to do with it)

10 Likes

You might find this interesting.

5 Likes

That is literally the difference between the definition of consensual and non-consensual sex. I trust you know the meaning of the word consent.

16 Likes

No, it isn’t always only about power, but it’s never not about power.

20 Likes

None of this will change until men, especially white men, start sharing power in our society. Nothing. This thread has become a prime example of why that’s the case. But I don’t know why I’m surprised that a bunch of men will find some way to circle the wagons on this shit…

18 Likes

The great thing about comedy is that you can’t fake how the audience responds. It’s live. People have to go buy tickets and will react the way they want to react. We can talk about redemption, harm, objectification, power dynamics, and whether or not redemption should be an option all we want but in the end audiences will decide his fate.

Oh, no, no no… see, men, they just can’t control themselves, because science and us emotional wimmins just need to accept that men are only about sex. If we just give it up when asked, things will be fine. After all, it’s not OUR bodies anyway, AMIRITE… It’s a MANS world, we just have been given a few rights so we’ll quit squawking… I mean, things have been this way since day one, so we couldn’t possible change them… /s

It’s conversations like this that make me realize how narrow minded and ignorant of women some men continue to be.

amy-poehler-mansplaining

In other words, we’re fucked. Because men like this will always rise back to the top, because reasons… great. Got it.

15 Likes

Come on now, some of these sad-sacks just have no self-control. As a totally random example that came to mind for some reason, one might proclaim to a woman he’s Leaving and Never Coming Back, even promising to destroy his set of housekeys. The ex is relieved to be free of his cluelessly abusive behaviour. And yet a couple of weeks later he’s back, housekeys in hand, pretending that the earlier promise was never made.

None of it about his own ego and power-tripping and attention seeking, of course. /s

13 Likes

Dammit, now I’m all conflicted about this. When it was just “he’s whipping it out to his employees and making them watch” he was easy to hate. But now it’s this kind of consensual thing among adult equals and I don’t know.

I’m on the line between “he’s a sexual assailant” and “don’t kinkshame”.

I guess the answer comes down to “If they said ‘no’ would he not do it?” Certainly there have been many people who said no to him over the years? Why did this story have to get so messy with the details?

2 Likes