Satanic Temple required protesters to pledge their souls to Satan as condition of entry

Well, only bureaucrats would devise Christianity in the first place…so I imagone the committee would be in some sort of limbo.

2 Likes
2 Likes

It makes no logical sense to base your actions on your belief that God doesn’t exist.

That was Pascala point.

Atheism is just another dogmatic position with its own game rules, popes and Vatican.

Just say you don’t know. There’s no harm in that. You can still see the religious as foolish and passive aggressive and bureaucraticly dogmatic without becoming do yourself.

And where might the atheist holy land be?

4 Likes

There are a number. From what I can see Bern Switzerland with its giant underground silver cathedral might be it.

1 Like

What do you reckon is contained within that atheist dogma? And who’s the pope of atheism?

Inquiring minds want to know.

3 Likes

Probably some sort of scientistic mumbo about big bangs and so on.

Much the same as the other guys.

Past popes were the likes of Carl Sagan and his black hassock gang hounding the Velikovskis out of peer review.

Confused people believe all sorts of things on faith.

I’m more interested in knowing the Pope of Agnosticism.

5 Likes

Really projecting with that observation. But thanks for letting us know what we believe. Five stars, would respond again.

(The /s is because, wow, I don’t even know how to respond to assumptions so precisely wrong).

5 Likes

Okay, I am using my japhroaig powers. This will stop before it devolves like they always do. Please start a new topic if you want to continue. This goes out to everyone, especially me.

4 Likes

Probably Alan Watt or Richard Bandler…

I guess agnosticism has its structures also.

Not a bad idea. Let’s get it all out there. What, exactly, do deists believe atheists believe, particularly evangelical Christian deists?

Because it got weird?

Don’t know.

If I’m to guess, probably demonic possession.

Around me, everything gets weird :smile:

but seriously this conversation train likely deserves its own topic. If for no other reasons than story topics get closed after five days.

2 Likes

I thought it was on topic.

Game-rules of bureaucracy?

Portland, I think.

1 Like

<a href="http://bbs.boingboing.net/t/deists-tell-us-what-you-believe-atheists-believe/62634"target=_blank>Here you go…

6 Likes

Claiming aetheism has rules and structure similar to the Catholic church is a waaay bigger conversation than poking fun at weird contract law :smile:

I am suggesting, not telling, it may be served better in a new thread. And with that I am finished with suggestions (except how people cook fish wrong)

7 Likes

I think you’re asking atheists to become agnostics.

6 Likes