Satanists offer "good taste" monument to complement Oklahoma Capitol's Ten Commandments monument

[quote=“doctorow, post:1, topic:16196”]
Satanists offer “good taste” monument[/quote]

I don’t think they are proposing to build a tribute to the concept of good taste; the word you’re looking for here is “tasteful”.

Um, ya, hence the ‘no matter how tenuous’
In the US, the American Taliban/Fox News devotees tend to view them as the mouthpiece of their international fundamentalist competition

1 Like

I believe you have won the internet for today.

3 Likes

Salt-based tribute to Sodom?

5 Likes

Ah I see! I missed the joke.

I thought it was YOU that made that false assumption - I’m following now :slight_smile:

1 Like

I agree with paragraph one. But at the time of independence, a majority of the colonies had official religions, and these persisted for generations - the bill of rights didn’t yet apply to the states. Rhode Island started as a place of religious freedom by a guy MA banished for his religious views.

Their equivalence to Satan?

3 Likes
3 Likes

Yup great idea. Also there have been calls for a ‘lick-able’ statue. This fulfills that desire. We can call it a ‘salt lick’. All those animals, I mean politicians can use it.

1 Like

I think this etching by Goya would make the basis for a good sculpture to go next to the 10 commandments.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/f/f5/Museo_del_Prado_-Goya-Caprichos-_No.43-_El_sue%C3%B1o_de_la_razon_produce_monstruos.jpg

The sleep of Reason Produces Monsters

3 Likes

The inscription reads:

“the sleep of reason produces monsters”

How apt.

LUCIEN GREAVES. Of course the temple spokesman is named Lucien Greaves. What a great Satanic spokesperson name.

I’m guessing he changed it from Herbert Wallander or something similar though.

1 Like

Herbert Priestly

I say let’s get every faith involved. Ask people from around the world to donate statues, totems, altars… whatever inspires them religiously, and “install” them right alongside/around the 10 Commandments. Make the front lawn of the OK Capitol look like a religious museum, or better yet, a junkyard.

2 Likes

I was thinking that they’re all (Mickey Mouse, Ayn Rand, and Satan-as-imagined-by-Satanists) really quite silly and childish, despite various desperate attempts to imbue them with gravitas.

Crosses. Nothing but crosses.

While they’re spinning around the Festivus pole.

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.