📡 💻 On Boing Boing, 'It Is Known...' 📺 📱

Once you’ve been a member of BB long enough, there are certain aspects of this site that are just a given.

For instance, it is known that whiny, nitpicky complaints about the site, the staff or general content will inevitably garner a sarcastic response asking:

“Are you disappointed?”

So since I’m bored, I’ve decided to start yet another new game:

What other constants about the site are ‘known?’ All responses should start out with that phrase.

For instance:

It Is Known that Cory Doctorow’s posts are often very hyperbolic, especially in the title.
(And complaining about it endlessly won’t change that.)

It Is Known that Rob’s shoops require having Eye Bleach at the ready, should you be brave/foolish enough to hazard taking a look.

It Is Known that any mentions of bananas will cause someone to exclaim “Just look at it!”

24 Likes

It Is Known that admitting disappointment will get you put on the list.

24 Likes

It Is Known that Florida man is the World’s Worst Superhero.

21 Likes

It Is Known that Florida man is a gentleman.

22 Likes

It is known that

One return carriage.

Two return carriages.

Three return carriages.

10 Likes

It Is Known that Rob Ford may have met with some mortal misfortune. (See other thread, or make one if you can’t find it.)

27 Likes

It Is Known that all BB store products come with a lifetime subscription.

20 Likes

It Is Known that Jason misses many things.

16 Likes

It is known that the correct way to derail a BB thread is with puns, not with concern trolling.

32 Likes

It is known that the reason @Falcor was hired as moderator is that luck dragons eat trolls. Antinous had been burying them under the flowerbed out back, and we were running out of room.

31 Likes

It Is Known that I’m concerned you haven’t capitalized a sufficient number of words in your contribution, and The Children might be unduly influenced by your poor example.

Well, it’s known now, anyway.

Ahem. Rerailing now:

It Is Known that the safe has been opened, it contained nothing but stale air and flakes of rust, and Rob will never, ever admit it.

26 Likes

11 Likes

It Is Known that we miss Maggie.

29 Likes

it is known that the best (worst) bb trolls are the most subtle ones.

14 Likes

It

9 Likes

Is

9 Likes

Known

9 Likes

That there are ways around the 6 character limit.

26 Likes

It is known that arcane references can be made that are too arcane even for this site.

(I’ve only really been here since '07 but I’ll bet less than 20 people know what the hell I’m on about. Hint: Elvis.)

15 Likes

It is known that like-farming is permissible.

19 Likes