Satellite imagery of giant robot under construction at Area 51

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2020/09/21/satellite-imagery-of-giant-robot-under-construction-at-area-51.html

2 Likes

I’m no professional satellite imagery interpreter, but it looks like a crane to me. One leg is the boom and the other is its shadow?

3 Likes

11 Likes

Is it sad that given the two choices:

• We are testing 16M tall fighting robots in Area 51

and

• Someone had the “great” idea to build a “robot” out of trash at Area 51 to mess with the conspiracy theorists and he and his friends have been moving it every couple of months for the last several years for the lolz…

I have to conclude that the second option is a lot more likely, given my limited and incomplete knowledge of the government and secret military operations? I mean, at this point, the trash bot probably has a name, rank, and pet…

11 Likes

Japan is ahead of the game

16 Likes

12 Likes

:thinking:

10 Likes

Thought of that too :smiley: And…

5 Likes

Was hoping more

10 Likes

It’s an Asphalt Stripper. The conveyor shadow is what looks like the legs.

18 Likes

Rationality at its best, kudos sir!

4 Likes

I think we’re all aware it’s not actually a giant mecha… :roll_eyes: God forbid we have a spot of fun in this shitty, shitty year…

9 Likes

It’s a giant robot that strips asphalt?

Cool.

17 Likes

Look to the right at the white cylindrical object - the sun is casting a shadow to the left of it. If this wasn’t bored soldiers or contractors messing with dimwits on the internet, there would be an object to the right of the “giant”.

I think it’s safe to assume the US government is not preparing for a kaiju invasion.

6 Likes

If I was a giant mecha I’d make asphalt angels too.

A44j

13 Likes

Aren’t they supposed to protect us from all enemies? Both foreign and mechanical?

6 Likes

29 Likes

Now we have a second reason to not go on an Antarctica cruise this year.

4 Likes

19 Likes

It might just be a long running ad for the coolest shop on Sawtelle Blvd.

1 Like