Sauce of Contention

4 Likes

Hadn’t heard of it, and now I’d like one of everything they offer, please :slight_smile:

But, Terimayo sauce? I can’t quite picture it in my mind’s eye taste it on my mind’s tongue. It seems to me like teriyaki and mayo wouldn’t go together, but who knows. Is it good? Looks like it’s popular.

Looks like they did have one in NYC for just a couple of years, closed in 2014.

2 Likes

Had a buddy up from Salt Lake City, and as we’re ordering at Dick’s Drive In in Seattle, he saunters up to the window and asks for the Deluxe and fries with fry sauce. The counter girl just goes “wat”.

“Fry sauce, you know, mayo and ketchup. Everywhere has it.”
“We don’t have fry sauce. This is Dick’s.”

3 Likes

That’s just wrong.

2 Likes

That’s a crime against the poor beef. Putting ketchup on it ruins the flavor. That’s a hot dog that you want to taste.

3 Likes

It’s also a crime against Canada.

4 Likes

Will the smell of it summon the Mayochuppacabra?

6 Likes

I stick by a prediction I made well over a decade ago. Hell, probably closer to 20 years. The future of mass production commerce is in ‘novelty’ items. Items produced with sole intent to elicit the “might as well try it” impulse with not even a desire or dream of long-term success. Worries about quality or ‘reading the public’ go away with this play AND, probably more important, it can hold the promise of a ‘get in get out realize profits quick’ mentality. When you’re a large publicly traded company and you’re a CEO who knows there’s no chance you’ll be at the same company for more than 5 years at a clip and Goldman Sachs is on the other line saying they’ll dump enough of your stock to crash the whole company into insolvency if you don’t get another quarter point of profit next quarter, markets and long-term survivability be damned… it’s really the only option after you’ve eliminated pensions as an option, weaseled out of those you committed to prior to the 80s, done away with wage increases altogether, down-sized to bare bones, automated everything you practically can, jammed every worker into an open floor plan (sure there are over 1,000 studies saying it kills productivity, but surely yelling louder will shame the workers into making up for that loss and its so CHEAP!), and sunk as much as you can into lobbyists to get the government to provide most of your lifeblood and insurance against competition.

3 Likes

And thusly, the Great Condiment War of 2017 was reignited.

Oh, my.

5 Likes

Branston Pickle.

“Great Cthulhu will gobble the world up like a ploughman’s lunch, leaving but only the lump of Branston pickle on the side of the plate”

2 Likes

4 Likes

That’s why Kewpie tastes sooooo much better than Hellmann’s.

Hellmann’s is from Hell, it says so in the name.

1 Like

That’s exactly what Russian Dressing was in my house growing up. Don’t do it on salad but still an occasional fan on a turkey sandwich.

1 Like

Heresy!

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.