Saudi prince arrested by police after attempted rape

Like German counts, two a penny, in fact. When I was on an IEC committee, one of the members was a German count, as his wife would tell people. But he would then intervene “but, much more importantly, I am an electronic engineer!”

11 Likes

I predict a 0% chance of him being held accountable. He’ll get bail, pay whatever enormous amount of money, and skip town, never to be seen again.

Gross.

5 Likes

This may be some form of accountability. Incarceration would be nice though.

1 Like

The problem is it won’t be, as the amount of money he has to throw around will make whatever bail money amount be like me dropping a nickel on the sidewalk.

Seriously, fuck this guy (and his family, in general).

He deserves equal treatment under the law.

The money probably hurts him less than it would you, but this is why justice is blind.

Presumably this is aimed at fratbros (and other related shitburgers) who think it’s ok to have sex with a girl who is passed out drunk. It is astounding how many idiots think that this is anything other than rape.

This is why I’d never be allowed to be a judge - because I would grant him bail. Of $10 trillion. Just to fuck with him.

8 Likes

Actually the idea of bail is supposed to be that the amount is commensurate to the means of the defendant. Otherwise a rich defendant has less incentive to appear for trial than a poor defendant.

In this case the bail was set at $300,000. That’s more than a poor person would have to post for bail on similar charges but a pittance for someone who can afford to live on a $37 million property. If the Prince is guilty, he has the means and motivation to get the hell out of Dodge and still live out the rest of his life in comfort.

6 Likes

Yes, you’re right. I was thinking of a settlement to make it go away. I thought that’s what @nothingfuture was talking about at first.

1 Like

(psst… I was joking.)

1 Like

I’m sorry- my anger let me be unclear in my original post.
What I meant was exactly this: he has the means to live a comfortable life elsewhere with little/no consequences for his deplorable actions. His wealth allows him to create a bubble of comfort around him, and the bail number was trivial for him. We’ll never see him in this country again.

4 Likes

It would be interesting if his ego brought him back again and he was caught and held without bail this time.

Then again he just needs new papers under some other combination of his likely several dozen names and then he’s got a clean slate as far as anybody here knows.

1 Like

Doesn’t the US regularly fingerprint dirty furreners upon entry into the country these days? I recall my Irish and Australian friends complaining about that when they’d go across the border at Niagara Falls. Though they probably don’t do it for those who arrive via private jet, now that I think about it.

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.