SB Nation has launched a new sequel to "17776: What Football Will Look Like In The Future"

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2020/09/30/sb-nation-has-launched-a-new-sequel-to-17776-what-football-will-look-like-in-the-future.html

4 Likes

I have said it before, and I’ll say it again, Jon Bois is a national treasure.

If you can’t get enough of these literary journeys through a framework of mutated American Football, he also did a LONG written piece about Tim Tebow’s fictional career in Canadian Football, and how different that game is, written around the framework of Jason and the Argonauts: Tim Tebow in the CFL: A memoir

3 Likes

Came here to say exactly this. He’s a delight.

Also BEEFTANK forever.

2 Likes

17776 is so good. Can’t wait to see this.

2 Likes

2 Likes

“What is wrong with you?”

“i find it’s useful to remember that i’m french”

:laughing:

1 Like

Can we amend that to international please?
I’m British, so American Football is an alien country to me, but I actively seek out Jon Bois’s writing (Breaking Madden was a delight) because he’s just that good. 17776 was just fucking astonishing.

1 Like

Just started reading 17776. Wondering what football, i mean, soccer, would look like in this reality.

1 Like

It is only 149 years since the first FA Cup games were played, but the current game is barely recognisable from what was played then.

2 Likes

Local football may be more interesting. Specially because I think hooligans (ultras in general) would merge with teams.

Unlikely. I used to work as a steward at a football league team and they want nothing to do with hooligans, other than to ban them from the stadium.

Ultras are not necessarily hooligans, some are, but others are just passionate fans who don’t break laws, so it might be a good idea to separate the two. The second group have already started their own football teams in the lower non-leagues.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.